PDA

View Full Version : Smart Playlist

mszalay
01-24-2011, 12:36 AM
I was wondering if there was a way to exclude playlist items by thier location (I.E. a Folder). I see the items (artist, album, bit rate etc) but would find it very usefull to have an option for folder location.

Mike

Paul
01-24-2011, 12:57 PM
You mean include items in a smart playlist that are only from a certain folder? If yes, then that's not implemented yet, but we can consider adding it as one more criteria in the playlist.

mszalay
01-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Yes. That will work well, assuming we can still have the criteria (I.E. In, Not In, Contains etc). I also think that having filename would be handy too. Title works ok but the option for filename could be handy too.

Thanks
Mike

Paul
01-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Ok, will add that to the development to-do list.

khote14
05-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Is it possible to use multiple criteria for file path not contains, is there some convention ...
I have tv shows and movies, I am creating a Movies->Genre playlist, then smart playlists under Genre. I don't want "Bones" and "Columbo" to show up in a movies sub-playlist, each of these series are stored in folders that have their name in it. So I'd like a File Path .... Not Contains .... Bones OR Columbo ... is there a logical separator I can use for OR criteria like this?

I suppose I should try to be more precise ... I can't use match any, it must match all. The logic is (GENRE contains Crime) AND ( File Path does not contain Bones OR Columbo). Once I've used File Path in the criteria it won't let me use it again.

Paul
05-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Yes, I understand what you mean. At the moment you can't individually group criteria, so it's either an all AND or an all OR. We have plans to extend this to allow creating exactly what you need in a future version.

gliot1
06-02-2011, 03:36 AM
I have wished for kind of "and/or" type statements as well. e.g. due to my Rock and Country databases being very large I needed to parse them up to be able to play within my Samsung Blur-ray limits of 1MB in its menuing system. I thought via Smart I would be able to set up Smart properties of letters songs beginning with A-F, and limiting it to genre Country only. I have found no way to do this, so my only choice was to manually create playlists by first sorting the song title alphabetically then manually choosing and adding the songs to a standard playlist.....very cumbersome and timely. Quite frankly if I could parse up my music and sort just like MSMP does, I would be quite happy. Smart is cool though, I just wish it was a bit more flexible, and I think by and/or'ing the critera you could create most anything.