PDA

View Full Version : Is your sound broken when transcoding video with the latest 2.1.13?

Paul
01-27-2011, 05:56 PM
If yes, please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com for a patched version. This is only applicable to AC3 (DD) encoding.

Aaron407
01-30-2011, 04:18 AM
By 'broken' are you referring to completely non-working or glitchy? I am having some audio issues, but it may not be due to the issue you're referring to.

nilesf
02-01-2011, 03:19 AM
Running the latest build and no audio issues. I play either compiled VOB or MPEG-II files. Neither show signs of audio or video problems. MP3 are fine.

Adric
02-01-2011, 12:59 PM
By not working we are talking about a very choppy sound.

christianclavet
02-02-2011, 06:09 PM
I have currently a choppy sound on my Toshiba Regza LCD Tv (46SL5000). But seem to run fine for the PS3. Perhaps its because the Regza use transcoding most of the time?

Adric
02-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Please send in for the patch see if it work better for you TV.

cam83mac
02-07-2011, 09:39 PM
I get the same problem with choppy sound and sometimes the video slows down then back to normal as well, i am using a toshiba Regza LCD Tv as well using the ethernet cable connected to my wireless connection.

Paul
02-08-2011, 08:46 AM
I get the same problem with choppy sound and sometimes the video slows down then back to normal as well, i am using a toshiba Regza LCD Tv as well using the ethernet cable connected to my wireless connection.
Did you send a message to us to get a patch?

mathieuy
02-09-2011, 02:27 AM
yes.. audio sync issue here.

cam83mac
02-11-2011, 11:25 PM
no i didnt email about the patch, whats the email i have to send to?

Paul
02-14-2011, 09:06 AM
no i didnt email about the patch, whats the email i have to send to?
Just the support (at) conceiva (dot) com one (the first post in this thread).

glens5
02-16-2011, 06:06 AM
Dolby still dropping out when trans coding H.264/AVC - DTS and AC3 5.1 DD files with new patch installed.

Paul
02-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Dolby still dropping out when trans coding H.264/AVC - DTS and AC3 5.1 DD files with new patch installed.

Please send a message to support about this. We'll need the transcoding logs, so please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try playing that file again (delete transcoded files before that to make sure it's re-transcoded) and once you hear sound issues, stop the server and send the logs in.

nilesf
02-21-2011, 02:30 AM
Yes, audio sync issue here as well. Not all videos have this issue though. From what I can see so far just the newer videos. (e.g. Charlie Brown Christmas plays fine. Tinker Bell and The Great Fairy Rescue has the sync issue. Ok you can stop laughing, my 4 year daughter likes Tinker Bell) Sound is heard first then video. I would say about a 15 or 20 second delay. This happens with or without transcoding.

Thanks,
Niles

Paul
02-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Yes, audio sync issue here as well. Not all videos have this issue though. From what I can see so far just the newer videos. (e.g. Charlie Brown Christmas plays fine. Tinker Bell and The Great Fairy Rescue has the sync issue. Ok you can stop laughing, my 4 year daughter likes Tinker Bell) Sound is heard first then video. I would say about a 15 or 20 second delay. This happens with or without transcoding.

Is that using the patched version? If it happens without transcoding, then it's the device that's doing something strange, since we're just delivering a file as-is, without modifying and without splitting the video/audio streams.

jollyjonesy
02-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Hi

I am getting a few videos that simply freeze and other that have audio sync issues

Is there buffer issues?

Paul
02-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi

I am getting a few videos that simply freeze and other that have audio sync issues

Is there buffer issues?
This is possibly a network streaming issue we're fixing right now. I'd recommend you to contact support (at) conceiva (dot) com with logs when playing one of those freezing files (see this thread regarding logging: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and somebody will sort this out. Are the audio sync issues on native or transcoded files? What device do you have and which device profile are you using?

jollyjonesy
02-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi .. wow speedy reply! - good to know you are working on it.. I have the same issues as spoken of here: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1265-Poor-MKV-Playback-on-both-Sony-Bravia-TV-and-Sony-BluRay will turn on logging and hope it is fixed soon - seems really random!

ricoman
03-06-2011, 08:49 AM
I also have an audio sync problem with Avatar HD transcoded mts2 file. Other standard def vts are OK. Don't know if the fact that it's HD BD is relevant, figured I'd mention it. Otherwise, very impressed with the software. PQ is excellent so far.