PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo tag reading issue

Ronald Gliot
01-28-2011, 03:05 AM
It appears for some reason that Mezzmo does not read/interpret tags properly. On a number of pieces of music it throws them in the "Other" folder. I check on the folders on my computer and within MS MEdia Player and the tags are all fine. I can manually retag them in Mezzmo, but when I rerun the Maintain each night, it moves these files back into the "Other" folder. I have read the posts on Smart Playlists and am wondering if I should just manually create my folders to ensure accuracy, or is there some configurational thing I am missing? Also, I really don't care for all of the artist folders it creates under each genre, as some songs are there, and some just dumped into the genre folder. Should I be deselecting the "subfolder" option under Maintain? I am thinking overall I should just be doing Smart Palylist creation, but as in MS Media Player I would like to just automatically key off of the tags. I have spend manu hours tagging my music properly and it seems a bit like extra work to now create playlists when tags are already in place.

Paul
01-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Can you please send one of those files in to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll take a look at why the tags are not read correctly. Please mention which tags are read incorrectly for that file when you send it in as well - thanks!

Ronald Gliot
02-04-2011, 04:29 AM
I'll try and get it tomorrow. All I simply do is via MS Media Player, entry the genre e.g.: Rock; Soundtrack. In MS it sees both tags and the song will show in under both genres. I like to do this being some songs bridge different genres.

Do you just need a copy of the music file?

Adric
02-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Yes please send us in this file and we can examine the tags

Ronald Gliot
02-10-2011, 07:54 AM
I am not sure why intially many were set as "other", but I learned that if I change these withing Mezzmo to be correct then just update the missing data rather than reloading all data it works fine.

Paul
02-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Corrections within Mezzmo are only stored within Mezzmo of course, so just keep that in mind in case you'll want to start your Library from scratch.

Ronald Gliot
02-11-2011, 02:36 AM
Understood.....I am getting pretty savvy with this thing.....I have spending a lot of time now learning the orginizational aspects of Mezzmo.