PDA

View Full Version : Samsung C650 Does not always connect

crystalgipsy
01-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Hi I am having a few connection problems to my TV. Sometimes when switched on it just does not see Mezzmo until I restart the server or service, sometimes it finds it but after about 5/10 mins of the TV being switched on and it just pops up, ocassionaly it comes on straight away. After this inital problem then all seems to be fine until I turn off and start again later. Any ideas on what might be my issue?

I am running the TV on it's own dedicated 5GHz wireless N access point connected to my Belkin router via wired 100mb. This in turn runs a seperate 2GHz wireless G access point for all my other wireless devices such as laptop/squeezebox/PS3/Xbox360. My server is running Windows 7 and is connected to router via 100Mb/wired connection. I do run squeezebox sever as well from same PC. I have denied access to all other devices on Mezzmo and all other devices on my TV.

u-nik
01-31-2011, 06:55 AM
I've the same problem with my le46c650 :(

crystalgipsy
01-31-2011, 07:10 AM
Good to know its not just my setup then. It's really intermitent too. It took it at least 15mins to register earlier today thankfully I was not actually needing it. I guess for the time being I am going to have to restart the server every time I want to use it, which is far from convienent as I have to log in from my laptop. It's a shame as it really is the best software out there for dlna.

Adric
01-31-2011, 04:34 PM
This could be to do with the IP addresses changing when you start the devices up. Please do not block any of the other devices. Please remove all the devices from the Media devices and then start the Media server again and see if it populates with your TV. If this does show up please test it. If it does not detect Mezzmo try adding the IP address to Mezzmo and see if this helps.

We would like to try to replicate this issue. Is there any steps we can perform to make this occur?

crystalgipsy
01-31-2011, 11:19 PM
I don't use DHCP though. I use fixed IP's for all my devices so it cannot be that.

Adric
02-01-2011, 11:56 AM
If its not detected please add the Ip address for your device and see if that works. Please make sure you are using the same subnet i.e. 192.168.1.0-192.168.1.254

crystalgipsy
02-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Ok, tried everything last night. Removed all devices from list. As soon as I restarted server it all registered fine and TV sees the share. Turned off TV then back on again and you loose it and if lucky it comes back maybe t10/15 mins later. If you restart the server at any point it will reconnect instantly. Not ideal as I do not want to have to log in to my server everytime I want to watch a movie. As I dont use DHCP could this be a problem?

Also been having a lot of skipping frames whilst watching 1080p mkvs. I do not get any buffering problems where it pauses and has to load the data just random frame skips. The PC was not running any other apps at the time. When I turn off my Access point the movie continues to run for a good 10secs or more so it does seem to be buffering ok.

rizzlerick
02-02-2011, 12:25 AM
weird, i have a C650 on wireless-N as well and never have connection issues. i use DHCP, but i use DHCP reservation on the TV so it always has the same IP.

i did get some MKV issues using the default Samsung profile from Mezzmo, but since I switched it to the Samsung-BDP profile its been better and doesnt transcode everything

crystalgipsy
02-02-2011, 01:00 AM
I tried that profile but seemed to skip more. What band are you on for Wireless N 2.4 or 5? Might switch my network to DHCP and see if it sorts things.

Adric
02-02-2011, 11:04 AM
I would also suggest you connect everything by wires to eliminate the possibility that it could be causing issues.

crystalgipsy
02-02-2011, 08:17 PM
I would also suggest you connect everything by wires to eliminate the possibility that it could be causing issues.

Not that easy for me to do, hence why I am using wireless N. It is the best way though to see if it is the route of the problem.

crystalgipsy
02-02-2011, 08:25 PM
What bandwidth are you using as a matter of interest, what is the connectio strengh indicating on TV, I only get 3 bars max.

crystalgipsy
02-02-2011, 08:25 PM
weird, i have a C650 on wireless-N as well and never have connection issues. i use DHCP, but i use DHCP reservation on the TV so it always has the same IP.

i did get some MKV issues using the default Samsung profile from Mezzmo, but since I switched it to the Samsung-BDP profile its been better and doesnt transcode everything

What bandwidth are you using as a matter of interest, what is the connectio strengh indicating on TV, I only get 3 bars max.

rizzlerick
02-03-2011, 07:32 AM
I tried that profile but seemed to skip more. What band are you on for Wireless N 2.4 or 5? Might switch my network to DHCP and see if it sorts things.

using N - 5ghz, i get 5 full bars on my C650 downstairs, and like 2 or 3 bars on my C5000 upstairs

the downstairs tv plays perfectly always, the upstairs plays 720p perfect, stutters sometimes on 1080p in fast scenes

Adric
02-03-2011, 03:19 PM
With some routers if you have a mix between G and N the network speed will drop down to G speed. This is a dramatic slowdown and could be part of the cause of the problems.

crystalgipsy
02-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Well a reinstall has sorted out my frame skipping problems. But TV still does not connect to Mezzmo instantly when TV powered on. Still takes up to 15 mins to register or I have to restart the server. I changed my network to DHCP but that has made no difference. Any help in getting this sorted would be appreciated as my server is tucked away in a cupboard and I have to remotely login everytime I have to restart the mezzmo server which is far from ideal. If I can get this sorted then its a done deal and the license will be bought.

MSIMaker
02-03-2011, 09:32 PM
I have the same issue....I won't go into network layer details but its all wireless and Windows 7 DLNA works fine but Mezzmo keeps dropping and not finding devices.

I am about to load wireshark and check the packets to see what is being ignored or dropped from Mezzmo......because it is Mezzmo not seeing the devices.

My router and Windows 7 see the devices within 30 seconds of turning them on from powered off at the wall socket......but Mezzmo is not.

Paul
02-04-2011, 02:15 PM
With the disconnect issue - can you please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then turn the device off, turn it back on again and wait about a minute. After that (provided Mezzmo does not appear), please stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com - we'll take a look and see what conversation takes place and why there's no connection.

crystalgipsy
02-05-2011, 12:39 AM
With the disconnect issue - can you please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then turn the device off, turn it back on again and wait about a minute. After that (provided Mezzmo does not appear), please stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com - we'll take a look and see what conversation takes place and why there's no connection.

Ok will do that tonight.

crystalgipsy
02-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Well it all seems to have started connecting ok since the reinstall. I sometimes have to wait a little bit but no way as long as it did and more often it works fine. So product purchased. Just need the play from previous position for Samsung TV and all is perfect. Also I noticed that when you reinstall the product it gives you the 15 day trial again. Support you might want to fix that as you could keep reinstalling ever 2 weeks and never have to pay for it. I reninstalled about 4 times over all and each time it reset my trial period.

Paul
02-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks - we'll be tightening security soon :) It will only reset the trial if you delete your Library, right?

crystalgipsy
02-08-2011, 03:35 AM
No it will do it if you keep your library as that's how I noticed it.

Paul
02-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Ok, thanks. We'll get that fixed in a future version.