PDA

View Full Version : Missing SRT subtitle for MKV on LG 50PK760

mlaky
02-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi!

Day when I'm found Mezzmo is forever change my movie watching experience! :o :o :o

But, i have one little problem - when I want to play subtitle with movie.

My LG TV (50PK760) can play subtitle with MKV in SRT format (this smoothly works when I play movie from USB stick or USB HDD). I check file name, and yes - it's same for MKV and SRT files.

I use LG TV profile and I'm using latest version available (2.1.13.0).

Could you please help me?

Mlaky

Paul
02-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Hi Mlaky,

We have an updated device profile for the LG TVs here, please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll send it to you - that should enable subtitles.

mlaky
02-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi!

I still have problem with subtitle... (I'm using latest Mezzmo version)

I figure out what is the problem. If file name contains dash (e.g. Pulp.Fiction.1994.1080p.Bluray.DolbyDigital.x264-SHiTSoNy) then subtitle won't play. If I remove dash and place dot then is everything OK. (e.g. Pulp.Fiction.1994.1080p.Bluray.DolbyDigital.x264.S HiTSoNy)

Cold you check that?

Paul
02-13-2012, 09:22 AM
We'll test the dash issue, thank you for pointing that out. I assume the filename of the video also contains a dash, right (so that the two files - video and .srt have the same name)?

mlaky
02-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Afkors. File name are the same. Space in file name is OK, but dash is not.

Paul
02-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Ok, we'll test it here. If that's the case, then it's a good bit of knowledge for other LG owners - thanks for sharing that!

gerovital
03-25-2014, 02:14 AM
Hello,

Have the same problem here on LG Smart TV [42LM620T-ZE]:

Movie.mkv
Movie.srt

In the same directory.

Please advise,
Thanks

Paul
03-25-2014, 09:42 AM
When the video is streaming, press the Options or Tools button on your device's remote control. Check if there are subtitle settings that you need to select to see the subtitles.

If still no success, it's best we see a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo server from your LG device and stream the video. When no subtitles are displayed, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.