PDA

View Full Version : Itunes Library on separate computer

Jinglis
02-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Hi There,

I have started to trial this product and it has proven to be exactly what I was after. Tis been said I was wondering if I could access my iTunes library on a separate computer to the Mezzmo server.

Does the iTunes music and library have to be on the same computer as the Mezzmo install?

Apologies is this has been asked before but my forum search did not produce any results.
Thanks in advance,

Jimms

Paul
02-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi Jimms,

No, they don't have to be on the same computer - just browse to your iTunes library (it's an XML file) on your network when you use the "Add iTunes" command.

Jinglis
02-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi Jimms,

No, they don't have to be on the same computer - just browse to your iTunes library (it's an XML file) on your network when you use the "Add iTunes" command.

Thats great,

Thanks for the quick response.
I would say then that the IP address of the Itunes library computer would need to stay static in this case?

Paul
02-09-2011, 03:34 PM
The IP shouldn't matter as long as your files have a UNC path in the iTunes library (then they can be accessed from anywhere on your network).

Jinglis
02-09-2011, 04:08 PM
The IP shouldn't matter as long as your files have a UNC path in the iTunes library (then they can be accessed from anywhere on your network).

Ok great, I have got to this point but when I import the iTunes Library file I only get the playlists and not media.

The playlist name is imported but no detail.

I was of the understanding that the media would be imported as well.
Is this not correct?

Paul
02-09-2011, 04:10 PM
The media files will be imported and should appear under smart and active playlists. Check "Recently Added", for example, to see if files were imported or not. If they weren't, it's possible that the iTunes library has paths stored in such a way that Mezzmo cannot access them. In that case, can you please send your iTunes library (zipped) to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll take a look (also mention which version of iTunes you are running).

Jinglis
02-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks Dennis,

Your quick to respond which is great.
There are no files in the "recently added" so I will send the zipped file as your requested.

Thanks again for your help.