PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake .9.5 and Mezzmo

Adric
02-11-2011, 12:43 PM
A few users have reported issues with the latest version of Handbrake.

There is an issue with the latest version of Handbrake that does not allow us to transcode these files.
If you create a file with AAC (faac) encoding it be broken. We recommend you use ac3 encoding (pass-though or ac3 ffmpeg) for you sound.

There is also an issue with frame rates you should set the frame rate to 29.97. This is because if the source has variable frame rates Handbrake cannot process it correctly.

captainham
02-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Just to add to this...personally I had no issues with AAC myself when using HB 0.9.5, although I did have an issue with the framerate; to clarify this issue, the problem does not lie within Handbrake, but with the device you are streaming to.

So in my case, my Sony BDP-S570 cannot handle streamed video with a variable framerate (and I believe this is a similar issue with a lot of DMRs out on the market), so when I encode the file in HB, I change the 'Same as source' option to a constant framerate of 25, which then works fine (with both AAC and AC3).

I have just noticed a comment on another thread (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1288-Samsung-BDP-Profile-Error-in-Transcoding-RMVB-files) about forcing a framerate in the video section of the device profile, so I'll give this a try later and see if it works for me...if so, it's another option to use to get around the issue.

smitbret
07-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Is the problems with the streams themselves or would remuxing corret the problems?

Paul
10-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Is the problems with the streams themselves or would remuxing corret the problems?
I think it's with the streams themselves, but I haven't tested this myself. If the framerates are off, then you'd need a full re-code.

smitbret
04-18-2012, 04:43 AM
Just an update......

I encoded a couple of .mp4 video files with .aac (faac) tracks using the new v0.9.6 version of Handbrake. Mezzmo transcoded them for my DirecTV boxes just fine.

Paul
04-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks for sharing this for other Mezzmo users.