PDA

View Full Version : Imported Itunes playlists are empty

Spondit
02-16-2011, 11:25 PM
Hi there,

Successfully imported my Itunes library in Mezzmo. So far, so good. :)

However, the two iTunes playlists that were also imported are empty. That is, they show up in the Mezzmo client (and on my media streamer) but they contain no files. They contain a mixture of MP3 AAC files.

Would this by fixed by exporting my iTunes playlists in the .PLS, .M3U or .WPL format? If so, what directory to I save the list in so that it may be accessed by my media players.

Playlists created in Mezzmo work fine, BTW. But I want to be able to create Playlists within iTunes, and have them served by Mezzmo.

Many thanks

Spondit

Paul
02-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Hi,

Are those normal or smart playlists in iTunes? They should have had files in them if they're normal (we don't import smart playlists).

Spondit
02-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Hi again.

Just normal playlists, each with about 30 songs in them.

I'll try exporting them within iTunes into a different format and see what happens.

Paul
02-17-2011, 09:19 AM
We'll give it another test here and if there's an issue we'll have it fixed for sure for the next minor update due out soon.

Spondit
02-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I'm going to export my playlists within itunes and see if Mezzmo can play them correctly. Can you suggest where I should save the playlists to (for example, within the 'playlist' directory within my iTunes folder?) Is there a default location where mezzo playlists are saved, for instance?

Paul
02-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Do you mean export playlists as pls/m3u files from iTunes? If so, it doesn't matter where they're saved, as you can point Mezzmo to import them from any folder. Mezzmo itself doesn't save any playlists (it's all stored in the database) unless you tell it to export playlists, in which case you can also point it to any folder.

Spondit
02-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Hello again.

Yes - I'm exporting my playlist from iTunes. How do I then import this list into Mezzmo, so that the tracks in that playlist are maintained?

Looking at the Mezzmo, I can see from the Insert menu there's an option to Add File From External Playlist, which isn't quite what I want. That is, the files are already in my library; what I want to do is for Mezzmo to import the track listing in my iTunes playlist , without me having to recreate them in Mezzmo.

Hope that's clear.

Spondit

Paul
02-21-2011, 08:05 AM
You should use the "Add iTunes Library" command to do that. It'll create an iTunes playlist under the Library and that should contain your playlists from iTunes.