PDA

View Full Version : Need Backup Config feature

Britinva
02-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Well after months of happily using Mezzmo I started having an issue with not able to open the GUI - kept on crashing. Seems databases problem and only way to resolve was to delete all the databases. So lost all my playlists, permissions, media device settings and worse of all was the thumbnail association.

Recreating playlists, permissions and media device setting was not a major deal but I now need to go thru every movie and TV series to reset the thumbnails - have 1,093 video files :mad:

So there needs to be a backup config feature - which either gives option to manualy back up at a specific point in time or allows you set set a daily, weekly, monthly restore point.

I love Mezzmo but air was blue tonight!:mad:

Paul
02-18-2011, 01:08 PM
What was wrong with the database? Did you delete them already or made a copy and started afresh?

A built-in backup is possible, but if you backup your documents on the machine already, then you can also just include Mezzmo's database folder in your regular backup as well :) But I'll bring this suggestion up for consideration here of course. Thanks and sorry for your bad experience.

Britinva
02-18-2011, 01:17 PM
No idea what went wrong - was advised by support to delete all the .db files. Everything was working streaming wise..... just couldn't open the GUI. Windows just reported it stopped working and had to close. But server seemed to be fine.

I did make a copy and tried to delete one at a time but ended up having to delete all of them.

Yes, I could use my usual backup routine but if the .db's get corrupted those corrupted files will get copied over the working files if I don't notice (I don't open GUI daily).

Once I get things back to normal I will be backing these up - but think be good to add something in the GUI for backups so someone else does not learn hard way like me.

For those wanting to back up their db's they are located at C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo

Paul
02-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Do you still have a copy of the corrupted dbs? Or, if you sent them in, can you please give me your support case number?

Britinva
02-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Files too large to send via email (Adric was dealing) - don't have support case number but have asked if there is one.

Paul
02-21-2011, 07:55 AM
I'll check it out and get back to you via e-mail then.