PDA

View Full Version : "System Task Getting album artwork" stuck and does not complete/finish



ULJ
02-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Hi,

I am having a problem with Mezzmo (I am using the newest version).
It says in the status area: "System Task Getting album artwork: x,xxx files remaining" all the time. The "system task" does not complete/finish.
I have tried uninstalling Mezzmo, removing the whole library and playlists. Both without success. When I install Mezzmo again, the system task is still there. How does I remove the system task/fix the problem?

Regards,
ULJ

ULJ
02-22-2011, 01:42 AM
I have just managed to solve the problem. I've deleted the conceiva folder in c:\users\[username].

Now to add everything to the library again ...

Paul
02-22-2011, 07:48 AM
It's possibly stuck on getting a thumbnail from some file - we've seen this happen before and we'll be fixing this in a future version.

ULJ
02-22-2011, 07:56 PM
It's possibly stuck on getting a thumbnail from some file - we've seen this happen before and we'll be fixing this in a future version.

Good to know! Because it is a problem. As my music collection is large, the whole process of adding the music to Mezzmo takes several hours to complete. And Mezzmo failing after 6+ hours of adding files is just devastating :(

mcutugno
02-24-2011, 08:13 AM
So is there another way to fix this? I have a RAID with 5 HDs of media indexed in Mezzmo and currently I have the same issue with "Getting Album Artwork."

How can this be resolved without rebuilding the index?

Paul
02-24-2011, 08:22 AM
One way to check whether the task is actually stuck or just appears so is to stop the server, then shut down Mezzmo, then run Mezzmo again and see if the task starts to move. This is because both the GUI and the server will process system tasks, so there's a remote possibility that the server is currently processing that task, but it's just not being updated properly in the GUI. Stopping the server (and restarting the GUI) will make sure that the GUI is processing that task and the GUI should update the status properly.

mcutugno
02-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue. Any other suggestions?

Paul
02-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Ok, can try the following:

1) stop the server
2) turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging)
3) shut down Mezzmo
4) run Mezzmo
5) let the task sit there for a few minutes without moving
6) shut down Mezzmo
7) send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll try to figure out which file causes this

mcutugno
03-02-2011, 05:16 AM
Instead of removing all .db files and having Mezzmo have to add all the music and rebuild everything, I deleted only the artwork.db. This forced Mezzmo to rebuild only this portion of my library and completely solved the problem. This should work if you are stuck on getting lyrics as well. There is a separate lyrics.db file.

Paul
03-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Thanks for sharing your solution for other users. We will look into what went wrong in the first place for you.