PDA

View Full Version : Not working with WDTV Live HD

suprdave
02-23-2011, 04:49 PM
I have had a strange issue with Mezzmo and my WDTV Live HD media player. When selecting any video file to play from the WDTV, it just freezes. The "loading" graphic (the little blue circle) just keeps twirling, but the media file never plays.

It does not do this with a different UPNP player on the exact same network. It plays fine on it. In addition, using different UPNP servers allow for the WDTV to play without a problem (TVersity, Nero Mediahome, etc).

I went back and forth with Mezzmo customer support for weeks trying to resolve this issue, and eventually got frustrated enough to give up. He kept asking for the same logs repeatedly even though I kept sending the same ones to him.

I wanted to see if perhaps anybody else here has had this same issue with their WDTV? If so, how did you resolve it?

Paul
02-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Do you have a support case number? If you don't, can you PM me your e-mail address - the one you used to contact support, so that I could check your issue?

Just to confirm - the device profile is set correctly, right?

suprdave
02-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Hi Dennis,

The support case number is 20939. Yes, made sure the profile was set properly (WDTV Live if I recall the name of the profile correctly), firewall was completely disabled on the Windows 2003 box that hosts Mezzmo, etc. The media players that I want to use it with (my LG tv and the WDTV) exist on the same physical network as the Windows server (all wired into the netgear switch using ethernet).

All the logs and whatnot of what's going on should be in the ticket, as well as screenshots of various sections of the Mezzmo config. Let me know if you need anything more from me =)

Dion
02-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Maintain your playlist.. See if that fixes it..

suprdave
02-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Wow, nicely done! That fixed it!

All of that crud I had to go through of sending log files and screenshots and that's all I needed to click on to fix the problem. Now here's the $5 question, why was it working on my LG TV just fine, and why didn't Mezzmo do this for me automatically when I added the video folder to my library?

Dion
02-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Wow, nicely done! That fixed it!

All of that crud I had to go through of sending log files and screenshots and that's all I needed to click on to fix the problem. Now here's the $5 question, why was it working on my LG TV just fine, and why didn't Mezzmo do this for me automatically when I added the video folder to my library?

Good Question :D

I discovered the bug awhile ago.

Paul
02-24-2011, 03:51 PM
I don't have an answer at this point, but we'll be looking into this further of course.