PDA

View Full Version : What Will 2.1.14 Focus on Fixing/Improving?

Aaron407
02-28-2011, 02:14 AM
Dennis,

Would you possibly be able to give me/us a preview of what issues version 2.1.14 is focussing on correcting/improving upon? I have a few small issues with 2.1.13 but I don't want to push the issues any further if you're obviously aware of them and are actively seeking to fix them in 2.1.14. I'm also always curious of any unexpected improvements that may be introduced :-)

Thanks!

Paul
02-28-2011, 08:26 AM
The next minor update (2.1.14 or more likely 2.2) is technologically a little bit different to 2.1.13, as we moved it to a new development environment. This allowed us to clean up a few things and hopefully will provide for more stability (both of the GUI and the server). I cannot officially give out a changelog before the release, but consider this version as being concentrated on improving stability, network streaming and better problem diagnostics. Also, lots of device profile changes and fixes, as usual :) It should be out soon (within the next couple of days) and it'll be a good base for us to continue improving the overall product and experience. Unexpected improvements are always a bonus :)

Paul
02-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Oh, and almost forgot - seeking is now possible while transcoding files on the Sony BDPs ;)

Aaron407
03-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Awesome, thanks Dennis! I realize you can't divulge the intricate details, but this is enough for me to believe this release will essentially fix all of my problems. Looking forward to it!

mcutugno
03-02-2011, 05:23 AM
Will this update bring the ability to select the audio stream and/or subtitle stream within the file?

This is a long awaited feature for many users. Also, do you know if there is a device profile available for the new Samsung D series LED TVs? I just purchased one and it is getting delivered Saturday.

captainham
03-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Oh, and almost forgot - seeking is now possible while transcoding files on the Sony BDPs ;)

Woohoo, good work people! Can't wait B)

Paul
03-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Will this update bring the ability to select the audio stream and/or subtitle stream within the file?

This is a long awaited feature for many users. Also, do you know if there is a device profile available for the new Samsung D series LED TVs? I just purchased one and it is getting delivered Saturday.

Sorry, the new update does not include audio and subtitle stream selection. We are still working on that. We understand it is an important feature for all our users so we want to get it right.

We have not tested Mezzmo with the new Samsung D series as yet. Please contact us via email if you experience any problems so that we can create a new device profile or improve our existing Samsung TV profiles.

MSIMaker
03-03-2011, 06:52 PM
I am hoping that the issue of not downloading video movie covers is fixed.

This is a small but extremely needed fix.

If this was automated it would save people hours of manually adding the artwork themselves.

Paul
03-04-2011, 08:22 AM
I am hoping that the issue of not downloading video movie covers is fixed.

This is a small but extremely needed fix.

If this was automated it would save people hours of manually adding the artwork themselves.

Sorry, we have not added this improvement in as yet, as we are still determining the right solution for all types of video files (movies, tv shows, music videos, youtube clips, home made videos, random videos, etc.). Some may have relevant internet artwork, many won't - in which case a thumbnail auto generated from the video clip itself is better. We agree it is a nice enhancement to automatically get movie poster artwork for movies, and as soon as we find a workable solution, we will add it in.

Paul
03-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Mezzmo v2.2 has just been released. Hope you enjoy it.