PDA

View Full Version : DVD Menu Navigation

mdw4611771
03-05-2011, 01:34 AM
When is this going to be included in a future update ??

Paul
03-07-2011, 03:09 PM
All I can say is that it is certainly on our development list, but we have several features (e.g. server-based subtitling, pre-transcoding) that we must finish before implementing DVD or ISO support. Sorry I cannot give you a firm date as yet.

haicim
03-11-2011, 04:26 PM
I have had some ideas about this for quite a while and would like to suggest them.
for DVD .ISO images:

Mount the .ISO on the fly and view it as a folder, or
Same as above but automatically play the .VOB's as a playlist, or
interpret the whole .ISO as a .VOB

for folders containing .VOB/.IFO files:

for VIDEO_TS.IFO, redirect it to play the menu .VOB clip (non interactive), then next play the largest title set .VOB file(s) or
same as above but play all title sets sequentially VTS_01.. VTS_02.

as for language preference for subtitles and audio:

use options in Mezzmo to pre-set them (en,Eng, OFF etc.) and select those if available during playback.

I look forward to it being implemented greatly.

Paul
03-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks for these suggestions. We'll certainly consider them when implementing DVD/ISO streaming.

a980652
04-19-2011, 05:59 PM
This my might a stupid question but what inputs does DLNA support? e.g. to control the dvd menu, etc

"pre-transcoding" How would this work? Would you go under a folder a select a fake video file or picture that would start the transcoding.

Paul
04-20-2011, 08:34 AM
DLNA does not provide for DVD menu control - it's basically file based, meaning you select a file (on the TV or using Play To from the PC) and that file is delivered to the device.

Daffie
06-07-2011, 03:23 AM
I have had some ideas about this for quite a while and would like to suggest them.

as for language preference for subtitles and audio:

use options in Mezzmo to pre-set them (en,Eng, OFF etc.) and select those if available during playback.

Can someone explain to me how to do this?
I have converted an .ISO file to .VOB files (just by unpacking the .ISO file with winrar) and now I would like to set my subtitle preference, but I do not know how.

Any help is appreciated!

Regards
Daffie

Paul
06-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Can someone explain to me how to do this?
I have converted an .ISO file to .VOB files (just by unpacking the .ISO file with winrar) and now I would like to set my subtitle preference, but I do not know how.

This is an upcoming feature - it's not released yet. You could burn the subtitles onto your video using some sort of a video merge/convert program for the time being (or if your device supports .SRT/.SUB external subtitles, then Mezzmo can deliver those).