PDA

View Full Version : SMI Subtitle support

freebits
03-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Hello Mezzmo team,

I'm very impressed by your quality software and would like to buy it.
I saw some postings on you new release that will support additional subtitles and wonder if it includes SMI subtitle type.
If you have such plan, please share your new features with me.

Thanks,
freebits

Paul
03-07-2011, 03:22 PM
The current release of Mezzmo (v2.2) can stream external subtitle files (.SRT, .SUB) to DLNA devices. Devices that can accept these external subitle files are Panasonic Viera TVs, Samsung TVs, LG Blu-ray players, D-Link DSM-320 media player, D-Link DSM-750 media player, Brite-View media players and Zinwell media players.

All you need to do is simply put the external subtitle file in the same folder as your movie and make sure it has the same name - for example, C:\MyMovies\Inception.mkv and C:\MyMovies\Inception.srt.

We are currently working a major new subtitling feature whereby Mezzmo will deliver subtitles to all devices from a wide variety of popular subtitle formats - including SMI. This will be one of the key features in the next major version of Mezzmo. It will be a free upgrade to all registered users.

freebits
03-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Awesome!

Since Mezzmo already supports Korean language for menu, setup, etc., it will be extremely attractive to lots of Korean customers who are familiar with SMI subtitle.

Any ETA?

Paul
03-07-2011, 04:17 PM
For external SMI file support, we can slipstream that into the next minor update. However, it will only work for devices that can accept SMI files. What DLNA device do you have? And does it support SMI files?

For server-based subtitles and support for all popular subtitle formats, you will have to wait a little longer as we are currently in mid-development.

freebits
03-07-2011, 05:41 PM
I have Samsung LED D series TV and LG BD player.
Both companies are from Korea and they do support smi from the beginning.
At least, my TV supports it.

It's from the Samsung LED TV manual.

Paul
03-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks for this information. Please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we will provide you with a beta version of Mezzmo that contains SMI support. We're not ready yet, but will be soon. After you test it and report back that it's working for you, then we can provide it to all users in the next Mezzmo update.

freebits
03-07-2011, 05:55 PM
sent email. thx.