PDA

View Full Version : Version 2.2.0.0 - BDP-S370 Extended Pause Causing Crash

Aaron407
03-06-2011, 03:33 AM
After updating to v2.2.0.0 I've found an interesting issue when an mkv file is transcoding (although the problem may reach beyond mkv's). If I pause my Sony BDP-S370 for a few minutes, playback will only resume for a few seconds before it pops up an error and playback freezes. The error states "Cannot communicate with server. Please try again later." After hitting the stop button it still shows that the server is still running. If instead I push pause then resume very shortly after, there appear to be no issues. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't recall this issue being present with the previous version.

Aaron407
03-07-2011, 03:11 AM
After more tests, I think this may also be linked to the source of the DivX crashing issues I've had, including in the previous version. If I pause a DivX file for an extended period of time (i.e. five minutes) and then resume, it'll often play back for less than a minute before it acts as if the end of the file has been reached and it continues on to the next one. This problem is somewhat intermittent though. It seems like there's an amount of data buffering that's getting cut off after an extended pause interval and the player will just play through that bit before continuing on. I'll get the problem logged and sent to conceiva support.

As a sidenote, I also find that my PS3 gives a message along the lines of "Communication with the server has been lost" after resuming following an extended pause, which suggests that this is likely an issue related to the basic DLNA communication rather than a single device profile. At any rate, I'll leave it to the experts to figure out :-)

Paul
03-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Thanks, Aaron407. We'll try the same here with our Sony BDP.

haicim
03-11-2011, 05:01 PM
I thought it was just me at first, but I also have lost this ability to pause and resume after a certain period, since updating to the 2.2.0.0 release.
I am using profile Samsung C for my Samsung LED 3DTV.

Visor
03-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Same issue for me using my WD TV Live; after upgrading to 2.2, if I leave a movie paused for more than a couple of minutes, it will play for a few seconds, and then stop and take me back to the movie list. At least the WD provides me the option to resume from where I left off, although it resumes back at the point where I originally paused it instead of the point where it stopped.

Visor
03-18-2011, 07:55 AM
Hello again,

While this is being troubleshooted, would it be possible to re-download a copy of version 2.1.13.0 from somewhere? I can't find a page of archived versions of Mezzmo on your site.

Thanks,
Visor

Aaron407
03-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Hello again,

While this is being troubleshooted, would it be possible to re-download a copy of version 2.1.13.0 from somewhere? I can't find a page of archived versions of Mezzmo on your site.

Thanks,
Visor

See Paul's post here for a 2.1.13 download link:
http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1365-Need-version-2.1.13-download-link?p=6427#post6427

Paul
03-18-2011, 09:36 AM
I think we're close to getting this fixed - I'd recommend sending a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com for a patched version and if testing goes well today, maybe we'll have a patch ready before the weekend.

Aaron407
03-26-2011, 02:04 AM
As an FYI to those who have had issues with this, Dennis has been working diligently on the issue with me. I've tested a few patched files and the freezing after pausing seems to be fixed (at least when I try it on my Sony BDP). I've been told that a minor revision release will be coming up shortly, incorporating this fix.

guzmansoldier
04-04-2011, 01:34 PM
I was just wondering if you have found any fixes for this. Thank you.

Aaron407
04-04-2011, 01:58 PM
There's definite progress happening. I'm testing for Dennis and found that their latest patch still seemed to have a small issue, so I'm testing a bit more for them. They're trying to get it right for this next release, so hopefully everyone will be able to hold out a bit longer. It'll be worth it.