PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo 2.2.0.0 and SONY BDP BX57 - jumping back during replay

wback
03-07-2011, 04:05 AM
After updating to 2.2.0.0, I experience a "jumping back" during watching of movies with my SONY BDP BX57 (US version, NTSC, newest firmware), i.e. the movie starts and runs for about 40 secs, then it jumps back to the beginning. I have to use FFW too move it behind 40 secs. In some movies, I have to repeat that a couple of times, while in other movies, it is a one-time action.
I noticed that behavior in both already transcoded and not yet transcoded movies and also in movies that worked absolutely fine BEFORE the Mezzmo update. I also tried both device profiles (Sony BDP (NTSC), and Sony BDP (NTSC, No DivX)) - same behavior.
As long as this issue is not solved, we are not able to use Mezzmo.

Aaron407
03-07-2011, 05:59 AM
I've had a few new issues arise after the update as well, but with my Sony BDP-S370 (which I believe is pretty similar). I modified a profile and posted it here:
http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1347-Trouble-Sony-BDP-S370-amp-FF-RW-with-2.2.0.0?p=6316#post6316

I don't know if it would fix the problem you're having since I'm not overly familiar with DLNA just yet, but it fixed a few other issues I had. I don't want to step on the toes of the Conceiva support guys, but it might not hurt to give it a shot until they can better address your concerns.

wback
03-07-2011, 11:03 AM
I tried your modified profile and it seems to work. Although, I did not yet test FFW/REW. Will do that later. Thanks a lot for the fast help.:)

Morgan1112
03-08-2011, 02:55 AM
I am also seeing this behaviour. I will try Aaron's profile this evening as well. Hope it works as this is a deal killer for me buying this if I can't get it to work in the next 11 days.

Paul
03-08-2011, 08:39 AM
You are welcome to use Aaron407's device profile that he has kindly posted, or as mentioned in other posts, any users experiencing similar problems with their Sony BDP should contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com for the official patch for this problem.

mottpott
03-08-2011, 09:56 AM
I've tried the patch posted on the forums and the one from Mezzmo support, but still can't get any videos to stream correctly. They all skip back to the beginning after a few a minutes.

Using Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S470. No issues prior to update, no other connectivity issues with either the computer or the Blu-Ray Player. Any chance there are users out there with the old version of Mezzmo so I can roll-back?

Paul
03-08-2011, 10:45 AM
I've tried the patch posted on the forums and the one from Mezzmo support, but still can't get any videos to stream correctly. They all skip back to the beginning after a few a minutes.

Using Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S470. No issues prior to update, no other connectivity issues with either the computer or the Blu-Ray Player. Any chance there are users out there with the old version of Mezzmo so I can roll-back?

Try this:

1. Make sure you have unzipped all the device profiles you received from Conceiva customer support staff and copied them all into your DeviceProfiles folder. See this thread for details where to put them - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/467-FAQ-Where-are-device-profiles-located

2. In Mezzmo, stop your Mezzmo media server and go to the Media Devices dialog. Delete all devices listed.

3. Start your Mezzmo media server, and your Sony BDP should be detected. If not, goto your Sony BDP and browse for media servers.

4. In Mezzmo, go back to the Media Devices dialog and make sure the right Sony BDP profile is selected to match your particular Sony BDP model (i.e. PAL/NTSC, DivX or No DivX). If you are unsure, then you should try streaming using all 4 of them. Remember to stop your Mezzmo media server each time when making a device profile change.

5. Start streaming video to your Sony BDP and see if that helps.

mottpott
03-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. I've followed all them: unzipped and pasted all of the patch files, deleted all device profiles, then selected all possible Sony BDP profiles, turning off the server each time.

The problem persists: every file I play streams for 1-6 minutes before either starting over or simply skipping to the next video.

The videos play fine on my computer. Again, no issues with connectivity. Any more advice?

Paul
03-08-2011, 01:28 PM
We think we may have reproduced the problem. Can you contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll give you a new set of Sony BDP device profiles to try.

Wizx20
03-09-2011, 04:00 AM
Hi. I've got the same problem with the latest version, the previous version did not give me any problems. I have an Sony BDV-E970 Home Cinema System and a registered version of Mezzmo. After a couple minutes of playing a file it will randomly skip back to the start. Please fix as soon as possible or give me a link to the previous version if there is an option of rolling back to that one.

Paul
03-09-2011, 08:22 AM
As mentioned in a previous post in this thread, please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com if you are experiencing any problems with your Sony BDP and we will supply a patch.

If user feedback to this patch tells us it is working well, then we will issue a minor update for all Mezzmo users.

Morgan1112
03-09-2011, 08:54 AM
The patch that I received from support last night did not fix any of the new issues including this one.

mottpott
03-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi,

I emailed support, like you asked, referring to this thread and providing my username so they could identify me. They sent me what appears to be the exact same patch file they sent me last time. I installed it and videos still won't play for longer than 5 minutes without either starting over or skipping to the next one.

I've emailed support 4 times (including replies, detailing the problem) but the help emails appear to be written by someone who isn't reading my messages. Example:

Me: "Since the latest update, I can't stream media files on my blu-ray player: when I play a video, it either skips back to the beginning to switches to the next file after a few minutes."

Help Desk: Install this file. Please describe the problem you're having.

Me: I installed the patch and it didn't resolve the issue. I have a Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S470. Every video file I try to play after a few minutes, either skips back to the beginning or skips to the next file.

Help Desk: Here's the same file we sent you last time. It should fix the problem you had rewinding.

I've bought this program less than 2 weeks ago and it's frustrating that literally the first update you provided has rendered it completely useless. I've emailed 4 times, posted on the forum 3 times, described the issue countless times--but still no luck. At this point, I'd rather just have a refund so I can look for a functional program instead.

Paul
03-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Sorry for all the troubles you are having with Mezzmo streaming to the Sony BDP. The new set of Sony BDP device profiles in v2.2 are working well for some people but not for others. That means we will have to do some more testing. In the meantime, we will email all users who contacted us and send them the previous set of Sony BDP device profiles from v2.1.13 so that you are able to stream as you did before the recent v2.2 upgrade. Again, sorry for the frustrations.