PDA

View Full Version : Better support for streaming native files

Silvos
03-07-2011, 07:18 PM
I use both Mezzmo (licensed) and the Open source PS3 Media server. The one thing that is keeping me from using Mezzmo exclusively is its lack of streaming support for native files. PS3 Media server does a really good job of this. Most of my videos are in mpeg-4 Main profile for compatibility with psp. These files play natively on the PS3 and PS3 media server streams them to the ps3, without transcoding. Mezzmo however wont play them unless transcoding is turned on. I have two PS3's and when both are streaming the less transcoding the better. :)

Would it be possible to improve streaming support for native files? Would it be possible to add a feature that would force a file to be treated as if it were natively supported?

Paul
03-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we can tweak the device profile for the PS3 so that your MP4 files are streamed natively. When you email us, please include the FFmpeg information for several of the MP4 files that you think should be streamed natively. To get the FFMpeg information, right-click on a file in Mezzmo and click "Get FFmpeg Information".