PDA

View Full Version : Error when running 2.2.0.0 in WHS

freebits
03-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Hello Mezzmo team,

I just installed Mezzmo 2.2.0.0 in WHS and I got the following error called 'encountered an improper argument' when running it.

Installing the previous build 2.1.13 doesn't have such problem.

Any advices?

steve+t429
03-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Hi freebits

I have 2.2.0.0 installed & running on WHS 1 with PowerPack 3 without any problems, so can't offer any specific advice as to what your problem might be. Did you use the auto update from within the software or d/l the update & install manually? Just wondering if not all of the new files were installed & maybe some old ones were still "hanging around!.

I do have some issues streaming to my BDP-S370, but I see there is an updated profile that should fix that.

Paul
03-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Hello Mezzmo team,

I just installed Mezzmo 2.2.0.0 in WHS and I got the following error called 'encountered an improper argument' when running it.

Installing the previous build 2.1.13 doesn't have such problem.

Any advices?

We tested v2.2 on WHS before releasing it and it worked fine, so your problem is quite strange. It does look like some files have not been installed correctly. Can you try uninstalling Mezzmo and then re-installing Mezzmo v2.2 again? I also suggest you download Mezzmo v2.2 again from our site to make sure the installer was not corrupted in any way.

We will try it here also. If we find any issue, we will post the results here.

freebits
03-08-2011, 11:36 AM
I tried both methods before posting my problems here.

I d/l the mezzmo-setup.exe twice and got the same errors. The installation was fine.(exe had no crc error) but running it showed such error msg.
Build 2.1.13 works fine for sure.
I tried to upgrade from 2.1.13 to 2.2 and failed to get it work since I got the same errors for a few times after the main screen showed up. After dismissing the error, the program looks like fine but it can't scan/load any media.

freebits
03-08-2011, 12:54 PM
The strange thing is I failed running 2.2 in my Windows 7 Korean, too. I got the same err msg. But 2.1.13 works fine with Win7.
Isn't the cnet download link the main link for 2.2? How it had the same error in the two different OS?!?
Now it's not specific problem for WHS. Related to non-English OS?

Paul
03-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks for this feedback. We'll test on a non-English OS and see if we can reproduce your problem.

Paul
03-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Just an update. We have reproduced the problem and will fix it for the next minor update. If you are experiencing this problem, then contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we can supply you with a patch once we have completed the fix.

freebits
03-10-2011, 05:23 PM
sent an email. Pls. send the patch to my email addr. thx.

Paul
03-17-2011, 11:39 AM
This issue has now been fixed.

Any users getting an error message in Mezzmo stating "Encountered an improper argument" should please contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we will send you a patch. This patch will be included in the next Mezzmo update for all registered users.