PDA

View Full Version : Randomly Play Photos on a PS3

tedk
03-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Is there a way to randomly play photos on a PS3 using Mezzmo? I have tried to use playlists, smart playlists with last played dates, and cannot figure out a way to accomplish it. It would be nice if I could play music from my server and have a random collection of photos displayed each time. I can have the music shuffled but cannot figure out a way to do it with photos.

Thanks.

Paul
03-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Sorry, Mezzmo does not shuffle files that it streams to devices. Its really up to the DLNA device to shuffle or play music or photos in a random order. As you say, the PS3 does shuffle music but does not seem to do this for photos. Maybe one day there will be a PS3 firmware update that lets you do this.

Mezzmo (like all DLNA servers) simply delivers a list of files from a playlist or folder to the DLNA device and then the DLNA device requests them in any order that it wishes.

Paul
03-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Mezzmo v3.1 has been released and one of the new features is random shuffling on playlists and folders. See full changelog at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/whatsnew.asp