PDA

View Full Version : Samsung BD-c6500 not seeing mezzmo app

Scuzzo
03-09-2011, 02:25 AM
hello all, need a bit of help here.. i have a new Samsung BD-c6500 blu ray player , its networked wifi to the computer via a Linksys WRT-160n router.. im not sure what else to do i have the blu ray listed in the Media Devices.. proper IP and MAC address.. i have it configed for windows fire wall.. just the blu ray player is not seeing Mezzmo.. all my goal is to stream an AVI file from the computer to the internet DVD player.. and then i would like to download a FLV file and have it converted to a readable file on the Net for the DVD player... not sure why i will not do this..

any ideas on how to get this configed proper..
im not even sure where to look for this information..

using the Samsung BDP profile in Profiles...

im running the latest 2.0 version of mezzmo..

just stumped...

any help would be greatly appreciated..

chris..

Paul
03-09-2011, 08:14 AM
I suggest you do the following:

1. In Mezzmo, stop your Mezzmo media server and go to the Media Devices dialog. Remove any devices that are listed there. Start your Mezzmo media server again.

2. Refer to our checklist for common reasons Mezzmo cannot communicate with your DLNA device. See http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Network-Issues. We find the "my device cannot see Mezzmo" issue is typically a firewall, router or home network issue.

If still no success, then contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we can help further.

mark11
03-09-2011, 11:20 AM
To test Samsung offers PC Share Manager Software. Download it and see if it works...

That will tell you if it your network or Mezzmo.

BTW - I have same player. I like Mezzmo better...

Scuzzo
03-09-2011, 11:18 PM
To test Samsung offers PC Share Manager Software. Download it and see if it works...

That will tell you if it your network or Mezzmo.

BTW - I have same player. I like Mezzmo better...

hello mark,
yes i can connect with no problem on the PC Share Manager.. i think it must be some sorta config on Mezzmo.. for some reason it will not show up in my change device on the blu ray interface... just says no disc... i am now trying the uninstall reinstall.. and will see if that makes it better..

thanks for the information..

Scuzzo
03-11-2011, 12:39 AM
I suggest you do the following:

1. In Mezzmo, stop your Mezzmo media server and go to the Media Devices dialog. Remove any devices that are listed there. Start your Mezzmo media server again.

2. Refer to our checklist for common reasons Mezzmo cannot communicate with your DLNA device. See http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Network-Issues. We find the "my device cannot see Mezzmo" issue is typically a firewall, router or home network issue.

If still no success, then contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we can help further.

hello, just a bit of a follow up..
i got a email addressing the issues on my blu ray player connection with mezzmo..
it was a simple and clean fix, setting the network connection to privite was all it too.
i would have never checked it... THIS THING JUST FLAT OUT WORKS NOW!!
very happy with product and support staff. just blazes through flv. conversion and the render quality is almost HD quality...
i have some other questions about an ability to auto refresh the library. and stuff but i will ask it in another post..

just a note thanks for the great product and great service..

chris

Paul
03-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks for your kind comments. Great to hear you are up and running now.:D