PDA

View Full Version : live streaming to dnla? for mezzmo

Scuzzo
03-12-2011, 01:05 AM
first off, great job mezzmo folks, this is a great product and i have tried a lot
most just almost worked or half worked or worked in a clunky bare bones fashion..
this stuff is amazing!

but.. for a wish list?
live streaming to dnla,, if there was a way to stream vid direct to the DNLA.
im not sure what the interface would be.. most likely just a dumb terminal kinda deal..
but and file formats and all that.. you would still need to convert.. perhaps
and navigation would be difficult...

well its a wish..

Paul
03-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I assume you mean URL streaming (i.e. streaming from web sites, podcasts, live feeds). This is already on our development list and once we finish more immediate tasks we will certainly be looking into it.

kuldeep
06-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Hi Paul,

Wanted to check if latest version of Mezzmo supports live streaming from online feeds?

Best Regards,
Kuldeep

Paul
06-14-2012, 07:12 AM
The current version of Mezzmo does not support online streaming as yet. We are developing this right at the moment and we have live streaming working now in alpha form. It will be included into Mezzmo v3.0 that will be released later this year. I have also read your inquiry to our support team and will respond directly via email as to your needs for your live streaming web service.

River
12-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Any news about URL streaming? Is it present since 3.0 (but I do not find it)?

I would use it to stream content being recorded with VLC to my TV.

Thank you.

Paul
12-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Sorry - not yet, River. We're working on the next major version of Mezzmo now and, once complete, then we'll put our efforts into URL web streaming.

mws
12-17-2013, 06:15 PM
How often did we read this?

robertp
02-06-2014, 04:51 AM
How often did we read this?

Hi Paul,

Another vote here for live streaming...

I am using VLC to output a tv.asf live stream and would love to watch it on my TV via Mezzmo. Currently I am using Serviio for this purpose, but would love to delete that junk from my PC.

Please please move this one up your development list! If you need a beta tester, would love to help out.

Paul
02-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Thanks. After Mezzmo v4.0 is released, then we can start on new feature development. URL streaming is now at the top of the development list.

robertp
02-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks. After Mezzmo v4.0 is released, then we can start on new feature development. URL streaming is now at the top of the development list.

Great to hear! Looking forward to it

robertp
07-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Great to hear! Looking forward to it

Any news on whether this will make it into the next version of Mezzmo?

Really what I am looking for is a simple solution, to say take a stream from VLC and using its Stream Output options, use Mezzmo to send it to the TV.

Stream Output in VLC is this: #duplicate{dst="http{mux=ts,dst=:8902/tv.asf}",dst=display}

Paul
07-07-2014, 08:46 AM
URL & external source streaming should make it into the next major version. Thanks for the info regarding VLC.

scrappy.xyz
09-09-2014, 12:28 AM
Hi Paul,
Any ETA on this? It would be very helpful since my chromecast distorts some sites on my tv.
thx!

Paul
09-09-2014, 09:17 AM
We just finishing Mezzmo v4.1 at the moment and it will be released this month. After that, we are straight onto the next major version of Mezzmo and that should include URL streaming & external source streaming.

Raptor
09-10-2014, 02:48 PM
We just finishing Mezzmo v4.1 at the moment and it will be released this month. After that, we are straight onto the next major version of Mezzmo and that should include URL streaming & external source streaming.

Hi Paul,

Just curious, what's envisioned to be actually coming / changed / included then in this forthcoming 4.1 release of Mezzmo you've mentioned?

Paul
09-10-2014, 03:17 PM
...what's envisioned to be actually coming / changed / included then in this forthcoming 4.1 release of Mezzmo you've mentioned?

Quick list: New Play To pane / features, new Details pane, improved Mezzmo app UI, burning embedded subtitles, better DVD / Blu-ray video detection, better video aspect ratio control, a few new playlists & various other improvements/fixes for issues reported by users. We're just in final testing now. It's looking good and performing well :)

Raptor
09-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Quick list: New Play To pane / features, new Details pane, improved Mezzmo app UI, burning embedded subtitles, better DVD / Blu-ray video detection, better video aspect ratio control, a few new playlists & various other improvements/fixes for issues reported by users. We're just in final testing now. It's looking good and performing well :)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for providing the feedback outlined there and that all sounds positive.

I'll be honest, I'm most looking forward with much anticipation beyond the 4.1 release to your next major revision efforts which encompasses the URL / external source streaming features too! Most intrigued as to how that all gets developed and plays out in the end :)

Cheers

Paul
09-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback. We have some nice ideas how URL / external source streaming will work :)

fastbuck
09-11-2014, 07:15 PM
hey paul,

just wondering if there are any news on the ios app front? keep up the good work!

Paul
09-13-2014, 06:47 AM
...just wondering if there are any news on the ios app front?

We're working on it and is certainly in our plans. No firm release date as yet though.

Raptor
10-02-2014, 07:00 PM

Hi Paul,

Just wondering what's happened to the 4.1 release?

According to above comment, you mentioned weeks back that it was due for release by Sept's end?

Cheers

Paul
10-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Sorry - running a little late since we found a few issues that needed fixing. Hopefully will be ready next week.

Raptor
10-24-2014, 06:50 PM
Sorry - running a little late since we found a few issues that needed fixing. Hopefully will be ready next week.

G'day Paul,

Those must have been some serious showstopper bugs / issues found considering its been another few weeks again since your last update here on any potential 4.1 release?

Paul
10-25-2014, 04:34 PM
We've just completed Mezzmo v4.1 and Mezzmo (Android) v1.1 so basically we're ready to go now. All should be released in the coming days. Thanks again for your patience.

shutter
11-25-2014, 02:10 PM
i'll add my voice to streaming web video via mezzmo to dlna compliant players. That would be awesome to be able to play youtube or something to my "dumb" tv's. i'd be curious as to the interface tho. would probably need to find the video you want and "push" the video from the android app to the tv. Good luck guys, take the time you need, i for one am immensely happy with Mezzmo, you guys are rock stars!

Paul
11-25-2014, 03:34 PM
We're working on it right now :cool:. And, thanks for your kind words.