PDA

View Full Version : Can't Start Media Server Service From Mezzmo

neilevans
03-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Hi,
I can't seem to start the media server service from within the gui it fails with
"Could not access the Mezzmo media server service Error code: 5"
I can start it from within the services.msc, it also won't start on boot and I have to manually start it too.
I am running a registered version 2.2.0.0
Thanks
Neil

Aaron407
03-13-2011, 02:17 AM
Is the service set to "automatic" in the startup type? If not, Mezzmo may not be able to command the service to start.

neilevans
03-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Is the service set to "automatic" in the startup type? If not, Mezzmo may not be able to command the service to start.

Hi Aaron407
Thanks for the reply but yes it is so unfortunately not that easy to fix

FrankVincent
03-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Any errors in Windows Eventlogs?
If the Error code 5 is a general Windows Error Message it means "Access is denied".

neilevans
03-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Any errors in Windows Eventlogs?
If the Error code 5 is a general Windows Error Message it means "Access is denied".
Hi,
No it doesn't report anything to event logs at all (failing to start/stop)

FrankVincent
03-15-2011, 06:27 AM
Hi.
From what I can see there is some sort of "helper executable" MezzmoSetService.exe involved when starting the Mezzmo Service from within the Mezzmo GUI.
It's not used when starting/stopping it from the services.msc.

Aaron407
03-15-2011, 06:52 AM
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid curiosity, but you didn't happen to enter the wrong windows username and/or password when installing Mezzmo, did you? I believe this is required for Mezzmo to have proper user account control to allow it to start/stop the windows service.

Paul
03-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Please send us your log files and we possibly can see what is going wrong. Instructions to turn on logging - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging. After turning on logging, click the Start Media Server button. When it fails to start (click OK on the error message box), then send us the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.