PDA

View Full Version : New version 2.2, Sony BDP570 and Xvids

Stevie_M
03-13-2011, 04:59 AM
I don't know if this is the same sort of problem that has been mentioned already but I'm having issues with my Sony BDP570 and playing XVids. The file starts to play OK but then after about 15 secs or so it stops and then starts from the beginning again. If I hit the fast forward button on the remote for a short while the file seems then to play OK after that. I've tried this on three different files and all do the same. I've un-installed v2.2 and gone back to 2.1.13 and the three files all play OK. If I re-install v2.2 then the problem re-appears.

Aaron407
03-13-2011, 07:43 AM
Which profile were you using? At one point I tried the "SonyBDP NTSC (No DivX)" profile on my BDP-S370 and had the same issue. When using the "SonyBDP NTSC" profile the problem wasn't there since there was no transcoding. However, I did have issues with the "SonyBDP NTSC" profile not allowing FF/RW in 2.2, but modified the profile and got it working. If you have the same trouble let me know, I'll direct you to the modified profile. However, if you were already using the "SonyBDP NTSC" profile rather than the "No DivX" one, you'll have to wait for the pros to help you out.

Stevie_M
03-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks Aaron. Yes I was using the SonyBDP NTSC (No DivX) profile. I've now changed the profile to SonyBDP NTSC and the problem has gone. However, as you say the FF/RW functionality has now been lost. I've tried your amended profile in the other thread but I still get the button unsupported message.