PDA

View Full Version : Looking to switch DLNA servers

VinceA
03-21-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm currently using one of your competitor's DLNA servers. They support the streaming of locally stored media but transcode everything which isn't really needed since most of my local files are MP4s which my PS3 can play fine without transcoding. I just have a few questions regarding a few niceties the other software supports that I'm curious if Mezzmo supports. The biggest is retrieving meta data for files stored in what I think is called Series.XML format.

For example:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii" standalone="yes"?>
<Item>
<ID>1</ID>
<EpisodeID>1555111</EpisodeID>
<EpisodeName>Mole Hunt</EpisodeName>
<EpisodeNumber>1</EpisodeNumber>
<FirstAired>2009-09-17</FirstAired>
<Overview>Archer is in trouble with his Mother and the Comptroller because his expense account is way out of proportion to his actual expenses. So he creates the idea that a Mole has breached ISIS and he needs to get into the mainframe to hunt him down (so he can cover his tracks!). All this leads to a surprising ending.</Overview>
<DVD_chapter>
</DVD_chapter>
<DVD_discid>
</DVD_discid>
<DVD_episodenumber>2.0</DVD_episodenumber>
<DVD_season>1</DVD_season>
<Director>
</Director>
<GuestStars>
</GuestStars>
<IMDB_ID>
</IMDB_ID>
<Language>en</Language>
<ProductionCode>
</ProductionCode>
<Rating>8.5</Rating>
<Writer>
</Writer>
<SeasonNumber>1</SeasonNumber>
<absolute_number>2</absolute_number>
<seasonid>119181</seasonid>
<seriesid>110381</seriesid>
<filename>/1555111.jpg</filename>
<duration>1315113</duration>
<resolution>720x480</resolution>
</Item>

Data is pulled from TheTVDB site.

Paul
03-21-2011, 11:06 AM
We currently do not support series.xml, but I'll add this to development to-do list for a future implementation.

VinceA
03-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Thanks. I'm checking out Mezzmo already...

VinceA
03-23-2011, 04:51 AM
Another feature/option I'm looking for but can't seem to find. Is there a way to get a folder view on the DLNA device? Normally I burrow down through the folder structure (Series Name\Season\Episode) to get to the things I want. Currently it's hard to find things since most of my files are named Season Number x Episode Number - Episode Title (Example: 1x05-Title.MP4) without the series name in the file name.

Paul
03-23-2011, 10:22 AM
If you use the "Add Folder" command, then that'll import your folder structure into Mezzmo as-is and it should appear the same way on the device then.

Paul
04-07-2011, 06:54 PM
We have just completed support for "series.xml" metadata files in Mezzmo and it will be available in the upcoming Mezzmo v2.2.1.

Make sure your "series.xml" file is in the same folder as the video files from that series. Mezzmo will extract the artwork, series name, genre, description, actors and directors from the "series.xml" file and use this information for every video file in that folder.

All registered users will be notified when the Mezzmo v2.2.1 update is available via Mezzmo's autoupdate.

RMerlin
04-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Nice :) Will it work recursively? For example with the following folder structure:

TV shows
+--The Simpsons
+--series.xml
+--Folder S01
+-- episode 101, 102, 103...
+--Folder S02
+--- episode 201, 202, 203...

Paul
04-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Nice :) Will it work recursively? For example with the following folder structure:

TV shows
+--The Simpsons
+--series.xml
+--Folder S01
+-- episode 101, 102, 103...
+--Folder S02
+--- episode 201, 202, 203...

Yes. Mezzmo looks for "series.xml" files in parent folders as well as the video file's folder.

NorthernSands
04-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Hello,

May I ask how you obtained the Series.XML file? Looks like it will prove useful!

Many thanks.

Paul
04-15-2011, 09:31 AM
I think you can get them from http://thetvdb.com/

VinceA
04-21-2011, 03:01 AM
Hello,

May I ask how you obtained the Series.XML file? Looks like it will prove useful!

Many thanks.

I use Media Center Master to generate them for me from data on TheTVDB.com.

VinceA
04-21-2011, 03:02 AM
We have just completed support for "series.xml" metadata files in Mezzmo and it will be available in the upcoming Mezzmo v2.2.1.

Make sure your "series.xml" file is in the same folder as the video files from that series. Mezzmo will extract the artwork, series name, genre, description, actors and directors from the "series.xml" file and use this information for every video file in that folder.

All registered users will be notified when the Mezzmo v2.2.1 update is available via Mezzmo's autoupdate.

You have just made another sale. I'll be buying a copy later today.

VinceA
04-21-2011, 06:51 AM
Just purchased & installed a copy of Mezzmo and realized one thing.... all of my Series.XML files are in the MetaData directory under the directory containing the video files like this:

Series Name\Season X\Metadata

The Season X folder contains the MP4 files whereas the Metadata folder contains all the XML files.

I know it's asking a lot after you just added the feature but any chance of adding support for having the XML files in a directory under the video files? I just checked in Media Center Master and you can't seem to change where it puts the XML files.

Paul
04-21-2011, 09:39 AM
We'll investigate this and perhaps get this implemented (provided you can't adjust the location in MCM). Does any other software generate those files?

VinceA
04-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Metabrowser will also do it, if I remember right:
http://themetabrowser.com/

It's been a while but I had some issues with it so I started using MCM:
http://www.mediacentermaster.com/

From the looks of it MCM can't be configured without me writing a post-processing script. I might do that but not looking forward to it. I program enough in my real job :)

Paul
04-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks - we'll take a look at both those packages to see what they do.

VinceA
04-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Wow, I have to say that you've gone above & beyond. So far considering my money well spent.

VinceA
06-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Just checking to see if any more support for this has been slated for future releases...

Paul
06-20-2011, 10:09 AM
If you mean going to the Metadata folder, then no, this is not implemented yet - I'll see if I can push the priority up on this one.

VinceA
06-20-2011, 10:14 AM
1 - Thanks for even considering the change since it's basically to match the functionality of an addin to a competitor's package
2 - Wow, that's a quick response time

Paul
06-20-2011, 10:16 AM
If it makes Mezzmo easier to use and adds to its functionality, then it's a good change :)

Thanks!

VinceA
07-29-2011, 01:06 AM
Another ping to see if this is still in on the development whiteboard....

Paul
07-29-2011, 09:52 AM
The subfolders and series.xml, you mean? Yes, it still is and sorry for the delay in implementing this.

VinceA
07-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Yes, and no need to be sorry. I'm sure you, as a company, have plenty on your hands.

Paul
08-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Another ping to see if this is still in on the development whiteboard....
We've just released v2.4.2 that implements this, so please update your copy and give it a try.

For full release notes see this page: http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/whatsnew.asp