PDA

View Full Version : Are the IP addresses listed in the device profiles important?

hartlenb
03-24-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm asking because Mezzmo seems to let the IP address change for my Samsung BDP. All devices on my home network have DHCP reservations based on their MAC address... So the BDP will always be 192.168.0.60.

Now when the power is off on the BDP, Mezzmo shows its address as 192.168.0.69 which happens to be the next free DHCP address. When the BDP is turned on, Mezzmo shows the correct 192.168.0.60 address.

Mezzmo also seems to ignore the connection type I specify. The BDP is connected to the network through a wireless bridge, so I have edited the profile to be wireless N. After saving this edit, if I edit it again to confirm the change, it's often (but not always) been reset to gigabit.

Paul
03-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Yes, they are important because Mezzmo will try to find a device profile using the IP address. We do have some issues in this area that we're fixing and looks like you're experiencing one of them (settings not saved properly sometimes).