PDA

View Full Version : Rescan / Refresh following MP3 metadata change

dom_donald
01-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi,

i have scanned all my media successfully using the trial version of Mezzmo 1.1.2. I then noticed some errors in my MP3 file metadata e.g. the genre was incorrect. I then changed the metadata using a different application. I can confirm the changes using this other application and Windows Vista explorer.

If I then re-scan my folders using Mezzmo, it just skips all the files because I guess it is only looking for new / deleted files rather than changes to metadata.

I now seem to have no way to refresh the media within Mezzmo to take account of these updates - I am just stuck with my originally scanned info.

I don't wish to change the metadata within Mezzmo, rather I want to make the changes directly in the source file using a different application.

Hope you can help!

Dominic :confused:

Paul
01-12-2009, 08:29 AM
There is not much that can be done in v1.1.2, unfortunately. You can delete the file from the library and add it in again - that will pick up the new metadata and recreate the dynamic playlists as required.

In the upcoming v2 release, we will provide you with functions to re-scan the library and update metadata as needed, so it will be possible to do this. (it's due out for release soon)

Dennis

Paul
12-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Mezzmo v2.1 has been released today.

One of it's many new features is the ability to maintain your library of media files - including getting meta data for updated files.

Direct download link: http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/mezzmo-setup.exe