PDA

View Full Version : Windows InterNet Explorer 9 - Don't want Download Studio's Toolbar

abacrotto
03-26-2011, 01:52 AM
I have a question for you. I have downloaded and installed Windows InterNet Explorer 9. I have to say that I love it. So, can I use Download Studio with it but not use the Download Studio's toolbar ? In other words, can I hide the Download Studio's toolbar but continue to use the program ? I am really glad using Download Studio. I just have this little problem I want to solve.

Thanks in advance.
Ariel.

Brent
03-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Hi Ariel,

Yes you can still use Internet Explorer 9 with DownloadStudio without having the toolbar displayed. There are two ways to do this:

Method 1: Hide the Internet Explorer toolbar from within the DownloadStudio options dialog.

This is the simplest method.
1. In DownloadStudio select 'Options...' from the 'Tools' menu.
2. Expand out the 'Web browser integration' settings, and select Internet Explorer.
3. Uncheck the option 'Add DownloadStudio toolbar to Internet Explorer'.
4. Click OK.

Method 2: Hide the Internet Explorer toolbar using Internet Explorer.

To hide the toolbar from within Internet Explorer.
1. Click the right hand mouse button on the DownloadStudio toolbar (in Internet Explorer).
2. A menu will be shown with a few entries, including one named 'DownloadStudio IE Toolbar'. Click this menu item to hide or show the DownloadStudio toolbar.

Internet Explorer will now show you a dialog, similar to the image below:

If you want click monitoring to work you need to uncheck the 'DownloadStudio IE Add-on' from this disable add-on dialog.

3. Click Disable to finish disabling the DownloadStudio toolbar in Internet Explorer.