PDA

View Full Version : CAN MEZZMO CREATE JPEG or BMP FILES FROM THE VIDEO FILE PROPERTIES?

bigdog
03-28-2011, 02:31 PM
I have create a few jpg and bmp files with video information pasted from IMDb into Power point as individual slides which were saved as both bmp and jpg files. This resulted in the creation of individual files for each slide of information about the video.

CAN MEZZMO CREATE JPG or BMP FILES FROM THE VIDEO FILE PROPERTIES?

One of my wishes was for Mezzmo to include the movie plot as part of the file properties.

By having Mezzmo create from the video properties, bmp or jpg files with my videos, I can read about each movie to assist with selection by viewing the same on my TV.

The video and jpg/bmp file name will be the same.
-- the attached does not include playing time!

John

Paul
03-28-2011, 02:34 PM
So, if I understand correctly, you're using that thumbnail instead of the usual video frame from the actual video, so on your device you can actually see some brief info about the movie, right? It's an interesting idea and I'll put it up for discussion here for sure. Thanks!

bigdog
03-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Dennis,

This Forum name subject should be amended to

CAN MEZZMO CREATE IMAGE FILES FROM THE VIDEO FILE PROPERTIES?

My wish is for Mezzmo to convert the video file properties and save as a image file (same file name as the video) in the directory with the video file
-- On the TV, Mezzmo will display two lines for videos (1. the video and 2. the image of video information)
-- I can select the image and read the video file information to make a decision of whether I wish to watch. Currently I have to check IMDb or Erics Data Base to inquire about the plot and other data

-- The image displayed is the size of your TV

--- Mezzmo could perhaps allow for user selection and sequence order of the individual properties to be included in the image fole and my selection would be:
- filename: title (year)
- plot (requested new field)
- duration
- cast
- genre

Dennis, if you copy my posted file with your HDD video files and view the same using Mezzmo you will see what can be achieved

PS: you will have to add the image extension .jpg to the mezzmo video default file list to view the image

Some time ago I uploaded my movies into EMDB (Erics Movie Data Base)

Today, I have now downloaded Title, year, plot, duration, cast and genre from EMDB into Excel and currently exploring converting the Excel file to image files
-- In EMDB, I was able to select fields that I wanted and specify the sequence
-- conversion is in progress

Paul
03-30-2011, 02:30 PM
John,

Let's see if I understand you correctly: you'd like Mezzmo to generate a large image (not thumbnail size, but full-resolution of the TV) that contains information and then for that image to come up when you are browsing videos on the TV, right?

But the TV does not have space for a large thumbnail, from what I can tell, it's limited to the small thumbnails in the folder listing, which are unreadable, as they're too small. Or does your TV model have a separate panel for thumbnails that is larger than the folder listing ones?

bigdog
03-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Dennis,

you'd like Mezzmo to generate a large image
-- I would like Mezzmo to generate a image file (jpg is example)
-- jpg image files are displayed is the size of your TV just like a photo
-- it needs to be large to be able to read the text.
-- thumbnails are not required

Dennis, suggest that you copy my posted file (The Godfather (1972).JPG) with your HDD video files and view the same using Mezzmo you will see what can be achieved

PS: you will have to add the image extension ".jpg" to the mezzmo video default file list to view the image

Paul
03-30-2011, 03:11 PM
John,

Do you see large images when browsing a video folder on your TV? I can only see thumbnails, which are unreadable.

bigdog
03-31-2011, 09:35 AM
Dennis,

I should have uploaded the "The Godfather (1972).bmp" file which is now attached

Suggest you add the above file to your video library directory
-- add: *.bmp; to your Mezzmo [library] [drive/directory] <properties> [file filter] to view.

Let me know if you are having problems

I incorrectly loaded "The Godfather (1972).jpg" file

Paul
03-31-2011, 09:37 AM
John, can you please tell me if you actually see these thumbnails in large size on the TV (see my previous post)?

bigdog
03-31-2011, 11:28 AM
John, can you please tell me if you actually see these thumbnails in large size on the TV (see my previous post)?

Today, I have emailed you a .avi Video demonstration of what bmp image files can do to enhance the functionality of Mezzmo for videos
-- I pasted video information into a PowerPoint file with quite a few sildes for each movie
-- I then saved the presentation as a bmp file which created a seperate .bmp files for every slide.

I hope this will help you understand what I trying to do for Mezzmo and my video library

Paul
03-31-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't have an e-mail in support from you today with the AVI demonstration. Perhaps it got lost or rejected by our mail server (if it's over 10 MBs, chances are it was rejected). Did you send it a while ago or just now?

Edit: just got it :)

Paul
03-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Ok, I understand now what you mean :) Yes, this can work on some devices (those that have mixed-type listing, e.g. allow video and pictures in the same folder). I'll add this suggestion to our to-do list, sorry it took so long to understand :)

bigdog
03-31-2011, 11:48 AM
Ok, I understand now what you mean :) Yes, this can work on some devices (those that have mixed-type listing, e.g. allow video and pictures in the same folder). I'll add this suggestion to our to-do list, sorry it took so long to understand :)

Dennis,

Looks like .bmp files are OK

When I added "*.jpg;" in the video library properties [file filter], Mezzmo would not display the ".jpg" files with the video files on the TV

Paul
03-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Thanks - when we get to implementing this, we'll test various file types and see what works best. In theory, JPEGs should display as well, since the TV supports them and actually will transcode all images to JPEG (unless you turned transcoding off).