PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Viera - Fast Forward problems

casualty
03-29-2011, 06:21 AM
Hi,
I have ripped around 25 of my DVDs to .VOB files using the same technique for each. That is using DVDShrink to create a single .VOB if it can handle the copy protection removal, or otherwise use DVDFab to rip to multiple .VOBs and then DVDShrink to create a single .VOB. I have used no compression and selected just a single audio track.
When using Mezzmo I can fast forward most of these movies without problems, but there are 8 which will crash out of the fast forward and return to the start of the movie.
Is this likely to be a problem with the TV or perhaps the way I've been copying the DVDs? I would prefer to copy to MPEG-2 format as this is supported natively by the TV, can anybody recommend a more reliable technique?

Thanks in advance.

Paul
03-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi,

To say with more confidence, we'll need to see a log of you trying to FF one of those failing VOBs. Can you please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging), then start playing one of those VOBs, try to FF and once it fails, stop the server and send us the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com