PDA

View Full Version : LG 42LE5500 Streaming video

Jason
03-31-2011, 02:45 AM
I recently downloaded Mezzmo 2.2 and installed it as a replacement for TVersity. I have heard a lot of good things about Mezzmo and thought I would give it a try. My LG 42LE5500 TV has an internal media player and it connected to Mezzmo under the LG TV profile. I was able to see and play all of my Music and Photo's however none of the Video (SD or HD) would play. Mezzmo's Tech support suggested using the "Samsung C" profile. I did and the Video's now play (SD appears to be working perfect) however the HD video tells me the Audio is not supported, but it plays the video portion perfect. I figured I would ask the question before spending a bunch of time on this.... Does anyone know how to correct this?

This product has already beaten TVersity is so many areas, I just hope I am able to get over this HD Audio issue corrected for my LG TV. BTW... I also have a WDTV Live Plus unit and Mezzmo is streaming to it perfect!

:cool:

Paul
03-31-2011, 09:44 AM
We do have an updated device profile for the LG TV that you may want to try (unless it was already sent out to you). Send another message to support and we'll send it out to you.

Jason
04-02-2011, 01:57 AM
Thanks... I tried the updated LG Profile sent by Tech Support and it did not work. In fact, I lost the Video. I am going to revert back to the Samsung C Profile.

Are there any profiles which transcode the DTS audio for MKV files... If so, I will give those a shot and see if it helps.

Paul
04-04-2011, 10:23 AM
The last profile changes were on Friday, so if you have one before that, then there're more things to try. If not, then we'll need to fix what's broken in the latest one. The "Samsung B" device profile will transcode MKVs to MPEG-TS, you could give that a try, but we are also modifying the current LG TV profile to do the same, so I'd recommend contacting support to further improve the LG one.

Talarari
04-21-2011, 07:45 AM
I just downloaded the mezzmo server today, i own an LG LE5500 tv.
the LG TV profile still doesnt show any video...

i tried the samsung B profile:
MKV works
MKV with DTS doesnt play - illegal file message
srt subtitle doest work...

any help would be appreciated, Thanks
Tal

Talarari
04-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Tried Samsung C profile, all videos work, BUT:
MKV with DTS audio doesnt play audio.
external SRT subtitles dont show

thanks again,
Tal

Paul
04-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the info - see my reply in another thread, but basically we'll be releasing 2.3.1 shortly that should fix playback issues on LG TVs.

Talarari
04-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Hello,

I Checked out the LGTV profile on 2.3.1 version, works much better:
* videos work
* srt subs work
* MKV videos work

BUT:

MKV with DTS sound gets an "illegal file" message.

thanks a lot for the update, if the DTS thing could be resolved it would be perfect
Tal

Talarari
04-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Hey,

Any suggestions about playing mkv with DTS audio on LGTV?
the format itself is not supported by the tv, is there a way to get the transcoding to work?

i have a LE5500 LGTV and am using the LGTV profile.

Thanks!

Paul
04-27-2011, 10:38 AM
What is the FFmpeg information on one of the files that is not playing? In Mezzmo, right-click on the file and click "Get FFmpeg Information". Copy and paste it into an email and send it to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Talarari
05-09-2011, 08:20 AM
I emailed you the ffmpeg info to support@conceiva.com.

thanks for the help,
Tal

Talarari
05-27-2011, 02:02 AM
just updated to 2.3.2 - everything works perfectly, thanks alot!

Paul
05-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Great to hear. This new version of Mezzmo (v2.3.2) does stream much better now to LG TVs, including streaming external subtitles. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Talarari
05-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Hello,

Thanks for the update, now mkv works better.

but i'm suddenly having problems with file i didnt have problems with before the update..
with some regular divx files.

I sent you the ffmpeg info for the file to support@conceiva.com.

thanks,
Tal

Paul
05-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the FFmpeg info. We will take a look and respond via email.

rcauler
08-08-2011, 03:33 AM
Hello,

I´m trying Mezzmo and the external subtitles is not showing in my LG 42LE5500. I´m using the last Mezzmo trial version and using LG TV profile.

[]´s

Paul
08-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Hello,

Can you please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try playing a file that has external subtitles and once they don't come up (within the first few seconds), stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll investigate.