PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo crashes when sharing files and other problem for playing videos

cunyalen
04-06-2011, 10:15 PM
I installed the software, ran it, put it username/password, then it started processing sharing the folders: My documents/my vidoes, my pictures, and my music. Before it finished sharing, it crashed, showing error "Runtime Error!: abnormal program termination". Then I started it again, and it crashes immediately. I uninstalled, and reinstalled, and got the same problem. I tried registry cleaner, but it didn't help.

Then I reinstalled it again, stop all sharing folders, it's working fine.Then I shared another folder, it's fine. Then I added my music, it crashes again. In my music folder, I have lots of mp3 files, some wmv files, mp4, playlists, wma, subfolders. Now it crashes again when I start it, probably because it will automatically tries to process sharing the My Music folder. I have re-uninstall and repeat the whole process. I don't know if there is a way to remove the My Music sharing without start the program.

Another problem, when it plays videos, it plays some videos. For .wmv files, it can see the image of the video, like on youtube, but it shows "Not supported Video Codec", what should I do?

I plays one rmvb file. Some other rmvb files have some header commercial. For those files, it plays the commercial and then skip the whole video. Why is that? Can I fix it?

Thanks a lot.

Paul
04-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Can you please reinstall again (making sure to delete the library when uninstalling), then turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and then add the folders. That way when it crashes next time we'll have some logs - please send those in to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll try to figure out which file causes this.

When you say you are playing videos - are you playing them on your PC or on some device? If a device, which device is it? If it's on your PC, then Mezzmo uses your media player to play videos and if that's missing codecs, then you'll need to install these.