PDA

View Full Version : Is it able to get rid of Pre-gapping?

kitsunegari
04-09-2011, 07:40 PM
I realise this is probably down to the devices that you stream too, but as Mezzmo transcodes ahead (not 100% sure but I am presuming that Mezzmo does this as it wouldn't seem efficient or be fast enough otherwise) is it possible to have it detect file pre-gaps and remove them from music it streams? Sometimes it's just annoying, but for some cd's it completely disrupts the music :).

Hmm, thinking about this, it might not be pre-gaps that I'm thinking about. I think its more likely to be Mezzmo streaming the existing file, and not knowing that its part of an album/playlist, and so once its finished the file it moves to the next one (perfectly logical), hence the gap between tracks.

For a playlist/album could it be some how possible to transcode ahead and so stream the album as if it were one file?

Paul
04-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Technically, a device requests a file (one-by-one), so unless the device knows to pre-cache the files and play that gaplessly, Mezzmo cannot really force it to do so. It may be easier to transcode all those tracks as one single long one and play that.