PDA

View Full Version : WDTV Live - AVI playing Issues

Maxxx
04-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Hi, I am having issues playing many avi files on 2 WDTV Live HD players. MKV, WMV files that I have tested play ok. I have added the FFmpeg Info for 3 movies I am having an issue with as a sample. I have set profile to WDTV in setup

symptoms as follows

movie 1 - takes 15-30 secs to play picture and then stops after about 5 secs play
movie 2 - same as movie 1
movie 3 - starts as soon as requested and note that the time displayed in the info bar is only 3:28 secs plays fine until time reached and ends even though the movie is 1hr 45 mins

As you know, WDTV Live would play these files natively

WDTV's have latest firmware Release 1.04.31 (4/6/2011), was happening prior to the latest update

Please Help!

Paul
04-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the info. I agree, those files should play. Looking at FFmpeg's date though, it appears you're not using the latest version of Mezzmo? I'd recommend updating first (and we're about to release 2.3, which is even better) and then try again. If those files still don't play with the latest version, please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then play one of the failing ones and once it stops, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com