PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo and Toshiba Regzo

damista
04-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Hi Guys

Just found Mezzmo and it's just what I was after. I have a Toshiba Regza TV, which I connected to Mezzmo on my server (Server 2k8 R2, Phenom II X4 945, 8GB). SO far, so good. I can browse the shared media folders and all seems fine. I can also watch some videos off the server but that is as far as it goes.

More frequently than not, I get "An error has occurred", usually just a few minutes into the video I'm watching. When this happens, Video keeps playing for a few seconds and then stops, which makes me think if the problem is the transcoding (it's as if the TV still reads what's buffered and then that's the end of it). Of course WiFi could be part of the problem as well but then I shouldn't have any "buffers" to clear should I? I also can't fast forward/rewind what I am watching and even pausing doesn't work. The result is always the same: When I hit "play" again, the timer starts again but the Video remains on the same frame it was on, when I paused/ff/rew. I take it this is related to the transcoding as well.

This brings me to my next question. Is it possible to set up Mezzmo to only transcode what needs to be transcoded? The TV can play probably 90% of my media files natively, so no transcoding is required. But Mezzmo will always transcode everything I want to watch, regardless of whether the TV can handle it or not and when I turn transcoding off, nothing will play and all I get is a "transmission error". When I copy the files onto a USB stick, they play fine natively.

As for the network connection, I have connected the TV via "g" WiFi. That's not much but the bandwidth should certainly be enough for SD video. The problem is when I switch WiFi to "n", things seem to get worse. I seem to get more errors with the faster connection than the slower one. Strange. Wired network is not an option at the moment as the TV and the server live on opposite sides of the house and running a cable isn't an option. One day, I wil get the house CAT 6 wired but atm, WiFi will have to do the trick.

Any help sorting out my problems would be highly appreciated. I like the idea of just turning the TV on and having my Video Library at my finger tips. It certainly beats playing USB stick jockey.

Cheers

Paul
04-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Hi,

Actually formats playable via USB and over DLNA are different, so the USB supports far more formats than the TV will accept via DLNA. FF/REW are turned off by the TV for transcoded files (while they're being transcoded), but it should work once transcoding is finished or if you're playing a native file.

Regarding the disconnect - can you please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try to play the file again and once it stops, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll take a look.

The WiFi connection should be ok for SD content (as long as you get full strength or close to it).