PDA

View Full Version : Why no auto refresh of folders?

Anijake
04-15-2011, 05:22 AM
I added my TV folder that is in the format:

TV
---Bones
-------Show.avi
---Dexter
-------Show.avi
etc.

The problem I see with this software is that I have not found a way to have the newest downloaded shows on top of my list on the WD Live HD Plus.

I understand that I can go into the shows folder and then the new files will be added to the database then I can go to the recently added playlist and that will work BUT then I have to know which shows folder to go into first which sort of defeats the point.

I also see I can also have it scan by doing an maintenance once a day but again that is no good, cause then I have to wait a day before I can watch shows that download that night.

I am missing something here? Why does the database not update automatically when a file is added? Or at least check for changes at a set interval like every 5-10 minutes so it's always up to date?

By comparison using Playback on my Mac, it auto ads files to the list of the watched folder, and shows the files in the same order that its displayed in the Finder so I have it sort by date modified and new shows are on top while viewing on the WD Live.

I would like to switch my DNLA services to a old PC but have not found any software on the PC that can do what I want.

Paul
04-15-2011, 09:49 AM
We'll be adding more schedule options to maintenance, so hopefully that'll help with your issue (e.g. you'll be able to scan several times a day). We'll also consider watching those folders automatically.