PDA

View Full Version : V2.3

glens5
04-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Mezzmo V2.2 worked reasonably well on my old 2.8 ghz p4 except for looping at the beginning of AVI's the first time they were played, before any tans-coded files had been stored.
V2.3 cured the initial looping but is freezing and crashes when FF is used. The same is true for MKV's which had played fine with V2.2

Paul
04-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Can you please tell me which device (and device profile as per the Media Devices dialog) you have and also please post FFmpeg information on one of those troublesome files.

frantick
04-15-2011, 10:59 AM
2.3 seems to be working better for me, ie no looping when pressing pause. And now there's a Samsung D profile for my D8000. I have Xbox360, Sony BDP570, and PS3, DirecTV DVR's, but haven't tried all of them yet.

Thanks for the update.
-cp

sionic
04-16-2011, 03:24 AM
working much better for me too.... no issues so far with files stopping mid-playback and am loving the fact that you can resume files too for my Samsung C series.

One little gripe at the moment is the files seem to be playing just a little jerkily (and i mean only slightly noticeably). Whereas on the old versions you'd get some slowdown, this version seems as though the file is just skipping one frame every second, which just gives it that slight unevenness. Will carry on testing and report back though...

Cheers for all your hard work guys!

Paul
04-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks! Do you know if those files are being transcoded or are they streamed natively?

sionic
04-21-2011, 03:08 AM
I would expect the samsung files to be streaming natively? 3007.1 firmware (was the latest until yesterday) and they are just avi rips of tv programs. nothing fancy.

On the other hand - the transcoding is definately not working to my iphone 4, using Alpha Systems Media Link. To be honest - its a bit rubbish, hardly ever works, and sometimes doesn't even play films which are ripped for the iphone itself! FFMpeg stays as a process and continues transcoding (*despite the option to continue transcoding NOT being ticked) and eventually just slows the whole pc down to unusable.

Am reverting back to 2.1.11 again tonight, as its the only version that I've had stable with no dropouts (and that was on a totally different profile to what i was using!)

Sorry Dennis - only 1/10 for the new version.

Paul
04-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Can you please post FFmpeg information on one of those files and also which device profile you're using (as per the Media Devices dialog), so that I could check whether they're streamed natively or being transcoded.

For the iPhone we recommend using another player - Olimsoft Airplayer, as that seems to work much better.

We're also about to release 2.3.1 that fixes some issues found in 2.3, so I'd recommend trying that once it's out.