PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Samsung A, B, HTS users of Mezzmo v2.3 - if you get the "No Files Found" error!

Paul
04-15-2011, 05:03 PM
If you get the "No Media Found" or a similar message after updating Mezzmo to v2.3, please download the following:

Edit: update to Mezzmo v2.3.1

After that:

1) stop your server
2) unzip the archive to your DeviceProfiles folder (see this thread for its location: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/467-FAQ-Where-are-device-profiles-located), replacing any files that need to be replaced
3) start the server and try again

If you still experience issues, please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging), then restart the server, try to connect from the device and once it fails, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll investigate further.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

davidkemps
04-16-2011, 09:24 AM
I have this problem on my samsung BD5500 using the profile samsung BDP, how do I apply it to this?

thanks

Dave

Paul
04-18-2011, 09:51 AM
We'll need to re-test the BDP, but it should not be experiencing this particular issue. It could be something else. Can you please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try connecting to the BDP and browsing, if you can. After it fails, stop the server and send a message with the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll work it out.

KWS53
04-19-2011, 06:35 AM
If you get the "No Media Found" or a similar message after updating Mezzmo to v2.3, please download the following:

http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/MezzmoFix/SamsungB.zip

After that:

1) stop your server
2) unzip the archive to your DeviceProfiles folder (see this thread for its location: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/467-FAQ-Where-are-device-profiles-located), replacing any files that need to be replaced
3) start the server and try again

If you still experience issues, please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging), then restart the server, try to connect from the device and once it fails, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll investigate further.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Would this solve the problem I'm having with my Samsung BD5500? Currently when I load Mezzmo from the Samsung menu and then go to Videos, I get Video, Music and Photo playlists. It doesn't seem to load just the Video playlist like it used to. Any ideas?

Kurt

Paul
04-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Would this solve the problem I'm having with my Samsung BD5500? Currently when I load Mezzmo from the Samsung menu and then go to Videos, I get Video, Music and Photo playlists. It doesn't seem to load just the Video playlist like it used to. Any ideas?

Kurt
No, I think that's a different issue, but we also have a patch that fixes the BDPs - please e-mail support and we'll send it to you for testing.

Paul
04-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Please update your Mezzmo to v2.3.1 which includes the patches from the first post.

davidkemps
05-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi,

My tv has being displaying the no files found message since 2.3 and 2.3.1 hasnt helped either.

I use samsung bdp connection and its connected to the c5500.

Before that 2.3 patch it worked fine.

Dave

Paul
05-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi Dave,

It could be something else. Can you please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then turn BDP off and on again and try to access Mezzmo - when it fails, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com

gliot1
05-28-2011, 07:22 AM
I too have a Samsung C5500. I have had this working perfectly for over a year now for mainly playing music. Two weeks ago I moved to at&t UVerse; tested worked great. Today I accept the latest upgrade and now my Samsung cannot find files; intially it finds them, then as I play a song, "files not found'. It appears Mezzmo is gone, but on the computer it is running. I have captured log files, but am first going to restart entire computer as I have not done that after upgrade.......we'll see how it goes. If it does not work, I will forward log files, and if there is no solution quick I will begin evaluating other DLNA servers. I can't keep gong through this every time there is a new release. New releases should fix problems not cause more. Does Conceiva do any regression testing or just patches and how for the best?

kbarry64
05-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Just updated to 2.3.2 yesterday and experienced the same problem. I never updated to 2.3.1, so I can't talk about that. Figuring it obviously must have something to do with the update, as I had played the exact same file with no problems hours before, I started poking around in the settings.

I noticed that my two Samsung BDP players, that used to have the Samsung BDP profile, were now listed with the Samsung BDP-3D profile. So, figuring that they got renumbered as part of the update, but not corrected as part of the install, I changed it back to the regular BDP profile and everything went back to working fine.

Don't know if any of you have the same issue, but no problems since I changed it back yesterday.

Paul
05-30-2011, 12:08 PM
If you do experience these problems after upgrading, it may be that the device profile may not be correct. Please do the following:

Stop your Mezzmo media server.
Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo.
Delete all devices listed there.
Start your Mezzmo media server again. Your devices should be detected again and re-listed (assuming they are turned on).
Go back to the Media Devices dialog and make sure your devices have the right device profile.
Try streaming some video, music and photos now.

majorpay
06-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Running 2.3.2
BD-C5500
Selected Samsung BDP for device profile.

- Would not detect device, so manually entered it.
- Gives error when trying to select videos like the one from the O.P.
- Work-Around: Select 'View Devices,' select 'Video' (on Mezzmo Server name) - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Additional navigation inevitably leads to the error message and kicking you out.

Edit: Once the videos are playing using the work-around, it works flawlessly. Navigation is broken, however.

gliot1
06-01-2011, 08:49 AM
It appears for my use (music mainly) that we may have success......at the point of this writing music has been playing ofr 30 min. Will keep you up to date of any changes.

Paul
06-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Running 2.3.2
BD-C5500
Selected Samsung BDP for device profile.

- Would not detect device, so manually entered it.
- Gives error when trying to select videos like the one from the O.P.
- Work-Around: Select 'View Devices,' select 'Video' (on Mezzmo Server name) - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Additional navigation inevitably leads to the error message and kicking you out.

Edit: Once the videos are playing using the work-around, it works flawlessly. Navigation is broken, however.
The BDP should be detected - if it's not, then the device is possibly using a different profile and that may cause the error.

Can you please stop the server, turn the BDP off, then go to Media Devices and delete all devices there, after that start the server and turn the BDP on - it should be detected at this point. Once it's detected properly, it should not give you the error.

gliot1
06-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Running 3+ hrs now..........!!!!!!

Paul
06-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Running 3+ hrs now..........!!!!!!
I'm glad that it's working for you now :)

gliot1
06-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Way frustrated again.....I have spent the better part of the afternoon tyring to get my Samsung C6500 from disconnecting.....Have tried every Samsung driver, turned off transcoding, altered transcoder settings, reran maint multiple times. At wits end, as I just want to play my music. It worked last week, tried today as I just wanted to hear music and rarley makes it past one song. Almost always fails starting second song; doesn't matter what songs. A product shoudln't take this much effort. I am starting to trial other dlna servers as well. Unfortunately my whole 10k song collection is now tied to Mezzmo, as Mezzmo didn't update tags as needed. As you can tell I am about at wits end.

Paul
06-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

Let's start by resetting things to their default states - select your device profile in the Media Devices dialog, then go through the three tabs in the properties and reset everything to Default. After that click OK and restart the server.

After that, please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and try to play music on your device. Once it fails, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll start investigating what's wrong.

gliot1
06-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Will attempt in a few. Are there any settings on a router that could affect. I had to alter a couple of settings earlier, but I belive I have set them all back to original. Do you know of any settings in particular that can affect?

Paul
06-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Yes, some routers have been known to cause network streaming issues. Do you remember what you altered before?

gliot1
06-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Yea, and I reset those settings. (I have worked in IT industry ofr 30+ years; so fairly fluent, so feel free to talk technical if needed) I eneded up doing a reset on the router to defaults which is how it was installed a couple of weeks ago and Mezzmo worked fine at that point. I also reloaded Mezzmo (I had loaded Wild Media this afternoon; removed first). I can see the Samsung BDP in Mezzmo, but now cannot see it on BDP. I can access all web apps on BDP; at&t (cisco) boxes can see Mezzmo, so a bit dumbfounded now as to what is going on. System has been fully reset as well, as well as Samsung BDP. Earlier I could play a full song, sometimes but upon swithc to next song it would error. Any step by steps to nail this down further would be greatly appreciated. I am close to give up and move back to my extra computer connected to A/V system, though I loved the way this all worked. The problems seemed to all start at software upgrade, since then the whole thing has been dicey. I have been working the forums to try and determine what may be awry here, but am coming up short.

Paul
06-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Do you happen to have any device profile override files (*.pro) left in the DeviceProfiles folder? If you do, please stop the server, delete them and restart the server. Mezzmo should detect the BDP on its own and it should also pop up on the BDP without the need to add/edit devices. If this is not happening, then it's possibly a firewall/antivirus/router issue.

Also, do you have a single or multiple NICs? If multiple, are they going through the same router and are they on the same subnet as the AT&T boxes (and is the BDP on the same subnet as well)? Maybe try assigning a static IP to the BDP.

You may want to turn on logging as well, then restart the server, wait a bit, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com - perhaps there's something in the logs that'll show us the reason you can't see Mezzm on the device.

gliot1
06-07-2011, 12:39 PM
I will most likely fiddle with it again in a day or two as it is getting late her and I am toast from working on this most of the afternoon. Where is the DeviceProfiles folder? I don't find it under the Conceiva/Mezzmo directory. After reinstall, there was no Samsung device until it was rediscovered again.

I don't have multiple NICs, and it appears ever device is on the subnet. The Mezzmo server shows up on the at&t (Cisco) boxes on the TV, though as another thread points out I cannot play any music, phots, etc. but I can see the server.

I will try one last time tonight so I can get you the logs.

Paul
06-07-2011, 12:40 PM
I will most likely fiddle with it again in a day or two as it is getting late her and I am toast from working on this most of the afternoon. Where is the DeviceProfiles folder? I don't find it under the Conceiva/Mezzmo directory. After reinstall, there was no Samsung device until it was rediscovered again.

See this post: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/467-FAQ-Where-are-device-profiles-located

I don't have multiple NICs, and it appears ever device is on the subnet. The Mezzmo server shows up on the at&t (Cisco) boxes on the TV, though as another thread points out I cannot play any music, phots, etc. but I can see the server.

I will try one last time tonight so I can get you the logs.
Hopefully logs will help us sort this out.

gliot1
06-07-2011, 01:09 PM
If this don't beat all........I go to run the log capture, and everything seems to be working fine....in other words I cannot make it fail now. I assume between the full modem reset, reload of Mezzmo, and just letting it all be for a bit (maybe with dynamic addressing and the like) something has worked.....

One thing I have noticed of note since software upgrade. It appears I always have to stop and Start Mezzmo when I turn on the BDP. I have the field checked for that device, butg I have always manually stop and start.

Music has been running about half hour at this point.

Paul
06-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "I have the field checked"?

If you let the BDP sit for a few minutes, does Mezzmo come up or it never (e.g. within half an hour) comes up on its own?

gliot1
06-09-2011, 01:04 AM
I will try and let it sit a bit next time. I basically let the BDP boot, and once up check the available devices.

gliot1
06-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Still seeing problems......intermittent and very strange in nature. Sometimes I bring up the Samsung BDP and it works, playing music for hours, then other times won't play even one song. I have forwarded logs for eval. I am at wits end again. I don't care at this point where the problem lies, and I will work to fix any piece, but I can't clearly identify where the trouble lies. My internal net works with no glitches whatsoever so I do not believe it to be a networking issue, but I my mind is open at this point. Are there any known programs that could cause conflict?

gliot1
06-10-2011, 11:56 PM
I shut of Norton Smart Firewall this morn and so far running great, but undetermined if that is an issue or not.

gliot1
06-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Disconnected after about 45 min of play...might be on to something......it appears that Norton Smart Firewall was only off for a limited time, and it appears it may have coincided with the Mezzmo disconnect. I have found 3-4 Norton settings which appear may be the bad guy! Testing to follow.

gliot1
06-11-2011, 01:10 AM
I could not get it restarted again, until I totally turned off Norton Smart Firewall. I am now running the test again.

gliot1
06-14-2011, 01:13 AM
the problem I was seeing appears to be directly related to Norton. I confirmed this by shutting off Norton and starting Mezzmo; plays non-stop, no problems. While Mezzmo was playing I started Norton and within about 10 sec. it died. I then started checking optioning. Along the way somewhere (I suspect on an auto update) the settings for open sharing and permission of computers/devices behind my firewall were set to "block". Once I opened these up, Mezzmo worked for hours on end, and Norton still worked properly. I had changed these settings ages ago, so I am unaware how they got changed back. I hope this will help other Mezzmo users that may see this issue as well!

Paul
06-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Thank you for testing and sharing your solution!

mcutugno
02-14-2012, 01:46 PM
I am getting this error often on my two Samsung TVs; a C series and a D series. I have disabled Malwarebytes IP blocking and the error persists. In Windows Firewall, everything Mezzmo is allowed.

My log files are here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4155307/Logs.zip

This is really an annoying error that happens on a daily basis. I believe the exact error is "Media Disconnected" on the TV. A simple browse to the folders again fixes the issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul
02-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Can you please tell me the folder name that failed to load in those logs?

mcutugno
02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
F:\TV Shows\Gossip Girl (HD)\Season 4 and F:\TV Shows\How I Met Your Mother\Season 7 (HD)

Paul
02-14-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm not seeing any obvious errors/problems in those logs. Just to confirm - you tried to access the "Season 4" folder and the TV showed that error, then you tried to access it again and got in?

mcutugno
02-14-2012, 03:20 PM
That is correct. This happens all of the time. It knocks me out of the Samsung file browser. I go back in and navigate Videos -> TV Shows etc... and the second time it works.. every time.

Paul
02-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Can you please check if the same issue happens if you try to access any of the active/smart/normal playlists (instead of disk folders)? Try going to "File Type" and other folders and see if the device still disconnects. Please have logging enabled as well, and if it drops the connection, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com.

Gus
02-14-2012, 10:50 PM
@mcutugno
Is your F: drive a USB hard disk? i too had similar issues and it was due to power save features on the USB disk. Your first attempt may be only waking up the disk. Attempt 2 then works ok. That was my issue.
just a thought!
cheers
Gus

mcutugno
02-16-2012, 08:12 AM
I have been trying for a day and a half now to replicate the issue in a Smart Playlist, however, it has not happened. It has happened in folder views again. The only Smart Playlist I use is recently added, so there have not been as many browsing attempts to that as the folder views.

Gusnor, you make an interesting point. I will look into the power settings on the drive. It is actually a RAID device attached vie E-SATA. The thing is, this sometimes happens after one file is finished playing and I browse for a new one.. so I know the drive was being active.

Thanks.

Paul
02-16-2012, 10:02 AM
The device (TV) may cache a bit of a file, so it's possible that the drive wasn't accessed for a couple of minutes (depending on the file).

I think it may be related to drive access speed, since reading a folder that's added using the "Add Folder" command is done in real-time, when you access it from your device. Other plalists (smart/active/normal) are read from the database, so are a lot quicker.

As a test, perhaps try copying a bunch of file on to your local disk (no RAID) and add that folder to Mezzmo and see how that performs. What RAID level are you using?

mcutugno
02-16-2012, 12:34 PM
It's RAID 5. I will try putting some files on my C: drive (an SSD) and see if the error persists.