PDA

View Full Version : LG 55LW5600 incompatible

Mark
04-18-2011, 03:30 PM
I just purchased the titled LG tv. The LG's on-screen menu doesn't match the manual's directions regarding searching for DLNA servers. The LG's menu now has a Media Link icon that is designed exclusively to connect to a Plex server. Is there a way to connect to Mezzmo instead of Plex? Using Media Link in the LG menu it reports no media server found even though I've added the LG as a device.

Paul
04-18-2011, 03:42 PM
It's possible that the TV is locked into using just that server. We can check the logs (see this thread for logging information: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) to see whether it actually tries to talk to Mezzmo or not at all.

Mark
04-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Logs sent...

Paul
04-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Thank you, we'll get back to you via e-mail.

IrvingDIY76
07-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Hi - has this issue been addressed? I have the same LG TV and in my case the TV doesnt even detect the Mezzmo DLNA server. It detects other servers such as WMP, etc. I have tried using the LGTV profile and also LGTV LE NTSC with no luck. Of course I restarted the server everytime I made any changes in the configuration. I am on trial period and would really like to get this addressed so that I can go ahead and purchase.

Regards,
Irving

Paul
07-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Hi Irving,

If the TV detects other servers, then Mezzmo should work as well. Can you please send in logs as well, as I suspect it may be a different issue than what the OP had.

jayzi
07-21-2011, 04:57 AM
I have the 47 inch version of this TV and the MEZZMO shows up in the INPUTS list. I do not see it where you see LG's Media Link. That is how I have always gotten to it, input list and it's always the first available input.