PDA

View Full Version : Video is stuttering

mavrik64
04-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Hi,

I bought Mezzmo a while back after the trial because it just worked (way better than the Samsung s/ware). It always played pretty much everything smoothly until now. When I say until now, it's been a few months that it's not worked right so not related to the latest update.
For some reason now, anything I try to play just stops/starts, stutters including files that used to play just fine. I used to have trouble with 1080p files, but not always. Sometimes they worked sometimes they didn't. I tried 720p with much better streaming results so stuck to that for the time being. I gave up messing around with it (lost interest) but now I have some time on my hands, I would really like to get this working as it should. I saw a similar post earlier, but his issue turned out to be HDD related. I'm sure mine isn't as I have video files on 3 different drives, one of them is only a couple months old now. Doesn't matter which drive I play off, I still have the same problem.
When playing directly off a USB drive or portable HDD, it works fine.

My current set up is:
Samsung LE40C650
Samsung HT-C5200 (upgraded to the latest firmware yesterday). This is connected via Gig LAN to my PC. My PC is a Quad core Q9400 with 4GB RAM running Win 7 64bit.
Mezzmo 2.3 patched for the "No Files Found" issue.

As I said above, it used to work well and now hasn't done for a while.
I am at my wits end now and I really don't want to go down the road of a home theatre pc (no money :) )

I would appreciate any help on this

Tia

Brett

Aaron407
04-21-2011, 12:33 AM
You don't happen to have logging turned on, do you? I believe there have been reports of issues like this if your log file hits 4GB. If you do have logging turned on, maybe try clearing the logs and disable logging to see if it helps at all. Not sure if this makes sense since it should probably act the same for 720p or 1080p, but it might be worth a shot.

mavrik64
04-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Hi Aaron,
just checked and Logging was on. I've turned it off and cleared the log files. You were right about the file size :)
Restarted the Pc and made sure Mezzmo was back up. Just tried it out, but unfortunately that's not fixed it.

Thanks for your suggestion

Brett

Paul
04-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi Brett,

Can you please turn logging back on, then play one of the stuttering files and once it starts to stutter, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com - we'll take a look at what could be possibly going wrong.

mavrik64
04-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Hi Dennis,

Log files sent. Thanks for looking at this for me

Regards

Brett

mavrik64
04-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Hi Dennis,

Quick update form my side. On Tues last I turned off Win 7 Media streaming after reading in here that it could cause a problem. All day Tuesday everything worked a treat. HD files at both 720p and 1080p played no problem. Being the sceptic I am, I didn't say anything on here as I thought would try again the next day. Wednesday everything is a problem again. I can't believe it. Checked Win 7 Media streaming was still off and it was. Thursday still a problem too :(

Any news from your end?

Regards

Brett

carlosfm
04-29-2011, 12:27 AM
When you have problems, do you have some torrent software running, downloading something?
I had similar problems when I used TVersity (before buying Mezzmo, thank god) and had Dreamule active.
I think there were some conflicts with UDP ports or something else, didn't get to conclusions as after changing some configurations in my router and also in Dreamule, it didn't happen anymore.

mavrik64
04-29-2011, 04:16 AM
Boa idea Carlosfm, mas nao e isso. ;)
No, mate, nothing running in the back ground like that. I do have a new router, but this problem has been going on since before I bought it. I will search for any streaming issues with this router, but it's supposed to be a good one.

Thx

Brett

Paul
05-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Hi Brett,

I was away, but if you didn't get any replies from support yet, let me know and I'll find your issue.

mavrik64
05-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Hi Dennis,

I too have been away. Just replied to your email with the information you required

Cheers

Brett

mavrik64
05-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Hi Dennis,

Adric suggested trying the Sammy BDP profile. This the email I've just sent back to him.

Since changing the profile to Samsung BDP, the service is much improved – thank you. I can now watch most things using Mezzmo and (fingers crossed) won’t need to resort to a dedicated media pc. I still get the occasional stuttering, but can now get rid of this by pausing the service for a second or two before continuing playback and it doesn’t happen too often either.
Thanks for your time and help on this.

Thanks for your help too Dennis.

Brett