PDA

View Full Version : Any progress on Samsung C series chaptering?

Gus
04-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Hi

i see the latest version as added the resume feature for Samsung TVs, excellent feature thank you. As this was a feature only seen in the past with PCSM, has there been any progress with passing chapter info to the Samsung TVs?

I remember discussion regarding xml files that i sent along, happy to assist again if need anything from a C series owner.
cheers

Gus

Paul
04-28-2011, 09:32 AM
...has there been any progress with passing chapter info to the Samsung TVs?

We are still investigating it. As you may know, chaptering (and the new resume feature we just added) on Samsung TVs is not based on DLNA but is proprietary to Samsung, so we are reverse-engineering Samsung's chaptering protocol at the moment. We'll need a bit more time before we announce if we can support it or not.

FlyingVguitarist
05-08-2011, 01:06 AM
We are still investigating it. As you may know, chaptering (and the new resume feature we just added) on Samsung TVs is not based on DLNA but is proprietary to Samsung, so we are reverse-engineering Samsung's chaptering protocol at the moment. We'll need a bit more time before we announce if we can support it or not.

Paul,

Any update on this? I'm using Handbrake to create files. My custom profile is set to create chapter markers in anticipation of future support.

Regards.

BTW: Just joined the Mezzmo family as did one of my friends!

Paul
05-09-2011, 10:18 AM
This is still work-in-progress, but we should have it working soon.

Urza
07-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Hi Dennis,

I would love to see this feature added to Mezzmo as well. Do you know if it will be available in the next update?

Paul
07-20-2011, 09:29 AM
We have just frozen the feature set and enhancements for the new version, and we are in final testing now. So, unfortunately Samsung chaptering will not be included in this upcoming release. But, we will certainly look at adding into the following release.