PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba RV753B

Ottmar
05-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi, I have a Toshiba 37RV753B. I'm going to convert my video library to a format that doesn't need to be transcoded, as my media server is only a dual-core and doesn't seem powerful enough to transcode on-the-fly.

I'm going to be using Boilersoft Video Converter.

What's the best format to convert to?

Thanks in advance.

Paul
05-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi,

I can't find a manual for the TV, but it appears that it should support AVCHD files (h264 video, AC3 audio in MPEG-TS format), so I'd try one of those and if that plays natively, then I'd say that's the best choice to convert your videos to. Please let us know how that goes.

Ottmar
05-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Thanks for your reply, but you're assuming entirely more technical ability than actually exists!
In Boilersoft there doesn't seem to be the option for "h264 video, AC3 audio in MPEG-TS format" (whatever that is).

What should I be converting to - avi, mp4, wmv, flv?

Paul
05-03-2011, 08:48 AM
I've never used Boilersoft, so no idea what it's limits are. I'm just saying the best possible format for the TV is AVCHD (assuming it supports it). You'll need to find out which formats the TV supports and then try and match those to that software then - I'd guess it's best to try and see which one looks/works best. I doubt it'll be FLV and probably not WMV either. Try AVI or MP4.

Ottmar
05-04-2011, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the reply. Again I don't have any technical knowledge and haven't a clue what AVCHD is. Where can I find out what formats the TV supports?
What does all the gobbledygook mean. It's a good job that in the days of VHS you didn't need to be a techie to make it work!
I tried AVI and MP4 files and they won't play after converting them with these settings:
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/OBx2/convert.png

I presume that turning off transcoding in Mezzmo is necessary?

Paul
05-04-2011, 08:51 AM
If you turn off transcoding in Mezzmo, then you are basically relying on that software to create compliant files. Looking at the screenshot, I don't see AVCHD listed there, so probably it can't make them. Try MPEG (mpeg2/ac3) and see if that works.

Ottmar
05-04-2011, 06:14 PM
As mentioned - my PC doesn't have the oomph to transcode on-the-fly hence the request for help in converting them.

Boilersoft doesn't have the ability to convert to what you suggest (more money wasted...) -- what software would you reccomend I buy now to do the job?

Paul
05-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Have you tried the MPEG I suggested in the last reply? From the screenshot it looks like it should handle that.

Ottmar
05-05-2011, 09:07 PM
The only encoding options were mpeg1video and mp2 for the audio, so I didn't bother trying.

Paul
05-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Well, I'd recommend trying some other converter then. There're a bunch of free one available (generally they're GUI wrappers for FFmpeg) - maybe try one of those?

Ottmar
05-22-2011, 11:55 PM
FYI: I seem to have cured the transcoding problem by downloading the 64 bit version of ffmpeg. If anyone is interested you can get it here: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ - I downloaded the (Latest) from 64-bit Builds (Static), extracted the ffmpeg.exe from the archive and after renaming the existing version, copied it into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Conceiva\Mezzmo folder.

Paul
05-23-2011, 09:12 AM
We have an updated FFmpeg build available as well, please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com requesting one and we'll send it to you to try.