PDA

View Full Version : Transcoding FLAC to WAV

ediaz1963
05-03-2011, 06:21 AM
Recently I bought a LG Home Theater (HB405SU) and then I found about the dlna stuff. The HT came with Nero MediaHome Essentials and it worked good but then I wanted to be capable of stream all my library of FLAC files but the HT doesn't support FLAC and the MediaHome Essentials doesn't transcode.

So I evaluate and finally bought Mezzmo and I am very happy with it, I'm using the LGBluRay profile which works very well but it transcodes the FLAC files to mp3 and I would like to keep them lossless. I found a post to do so with a Sony BDP (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/665-Playing-FLAC-on-Sony-BDP) and I try to create a new profile but Mezzmno didn't recognized it, so I edited the LGBluRay profile to add the lines on the cited post but Mezzmo insists on transcoding to mp3.

So, my question (finally) is, how can I create a new profile and get it recognized by Mezzmo with the FLAC->WAV(LPCM) transcoding?

Paul
05-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Can you please post your changed profile here (or send to support) and I'll be happy to adjust it for you.

ediaz1963
05-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Sorry for taking so much time to reply.
Here is my LGBluRay profile

Paul
05-09-2011, 10:15 AM
No problem. Please change "mp3" and "lpcm" to the following and remove the "flac" completely (since it cannot be played natively on the player):

<avcontainer id="mp3" name="mp3" encode="0" mimetype="audio/mpeg" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="MP3" supportschunked="1">
<audio>
<format id="mp3" encode="0" codec="libmp3lame">
<channels>1</channels>
<channels>2</channels>
<maxbitrate>320000</maxbitrate>
<bitrate>320000</bitrate>
<maxsamplingrate>48000</maxsamplingrate>
<minsamplingrate>22050</minsamplingrate>
<samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
<samplingrate>44100</samplingrate>
<samplingrate>32000</samplingrate>
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="s16be" name="lpcm" encode="1" mimetype="audio/L16" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="LPCM" preferredtranscoded="1" supportschunked="1">
<audio>
<format id="s16be" encode="1" codec="pcm_s16be" preferredtranscoded="1">
<channels>2</channels>
<bitrate>1536000</bitrate>
<maxbitrate>1536000</maxbitrate>
<minbitrate>8000</minbitrate>
<maxsamplingrate>48000</maxsamplingrate>
<minsamplingrate>44100</minsamplingrate>
<samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
<samplingrate>44100</samplingrate>
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer>

This now tells Mezzmo that LPCM is the preferred destination format, so incompatible music (such as FLAC) will be transcoded to LPCM (lossless), while native MP3s will still be passed through.

ediaz1963
05-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Excellent!
This worked like a charm! Thank you very much!

Philip Roll
05-11-2011, 04:36 AM
I am using the standard profile (SonyBraviaKDL.prf) for my Sony Bravia KDL-60EX700. Just as for the above, it does not seem to support transcoding FLAC to a format compatible with the Sony Bravia. Should I go to support for this? I am a newbie.

Paul
05-11-2011, 09:48 AM
I am using the standard profile (SonyBraviaKDL.prf) for my Sony Bravia KDL-60EX700. Just as for the above, it does not seem to support transcoding FLAC to a format compatible with the Sony Bravia. Should I go to support for this? I am a newbie.
For the Bravia it should be transcoded to LPCM with the current profile. Do the FLAC files fail to play? If they do, then yes, please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then play one of those files and once it fails, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll take a look.

virtuousbaby
12-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Just google search Step by Step Guide on How to Convert FLAC to WAV on Mac and Windows
you will find a simple solution

this solution also helps to convert flac to m4a, mp3, aac, ogg, aiff, wma, wav and etc