PDA

View Full Version : Refresh the Library more frequently

armstrn2
05-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Hi - I currently have my library set to refresh at 18:00 every day, my problem is that I download / update files more frequently than 24 hours.

I would like to refresh the library every 30 - 40 mins.

I already know that I can add the folder into the library and it will appear in the list

But what I want and need it to do is for the "Recently Added" playlist to be updated so that when I go into my TV that the latest stuff I have downloaded is at the top.

is this a feature request ?

Paul
05-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Yes, we plan to allow more frequent updates in one of the upcoming versions.

armstrn2
05-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Thank you for the update... this is already a great product, and fast responses like this will make it even better

TheGief
07-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Yes, we plan to allow more frequent updates in one of the upcoming versions.

Can you expand on how this will work?

For me I would like to be able to refresh my whole library once a day, but would like to have my download folder update every 30mins. So I'm curious to know how you guys are going to solve this problem.

Paul
07-05-2011, 09:33 AM
The idea is to allow multiple maintenance schedules per day. I'm not sure whether this will be just for Library maintenance or on a per-playlist basis yet, but personally I'd think we should have that on a per-playlist basis.

Urza
07-05-2011, 04:46 PM
I would certainly like to see a way of refreshing on a per-playlist basis. I'd like it if my 'Recently Added' playlist automatically refreshed itself.

Paul
07-06-2011, 10:02 AM
The "Recently Added" smart playlist should refresh itself, provided that new files have been picked up by doing maintenance on folders that are in your Library and that have new files added to them. But I think we're talking about the same thing :)