PDA

View Full Version : Keeping track of Viewed/non-viewed videos

RMerlin
05-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Hi,

I'd be nice if Mezzmo could keep track of which files have been viewed and not viewed yet. That data could be then used in possibly two ways:

1) Smart Playlists, where you could have a condition to only show files that have (not) been viewed yet. Would be great when combined with a "Recently added" Smart Playlist, so you could display the last 10 files that have been added and not viewed yet.

2) Some way to allow the client to report the state of a file (viewed/non-viewed). Possibly by pre-pending an asterisk to the name reported to the client if the file has not been viewed yet (i.e. it's a "new" file). The option could be enabled/disabled in Mezzmo's config for people that don't like the idea of having filenames starting with an asterisk.

That feature would allow me to live without the MediaMark plugin in WDLXTV that can't work on newer versions of WDLXTV ;)

Taking this one step further, that state could be associated with specific devices. So if, for example, the kids got a Playstation and the parents got a WDTV, each would have their own "viewed/non-viewed" status state on files. That one might require more work to implement however, and might not be needed by so many users, so maybe not worth the extra development time.

Paul
05-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Thank you for the suggestion - we have planned to implement this, so hopefully the next major update will have this feature.

catharsys
07-11-2011, 10:48 AM
second me on that wish :)

Paul
07-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Just to let you know - Mezzmo v2.4 has just been released. It includes a new "Play Count" attribute for files that is auto-incremented when files are streamed by Mezzmo. This will let you create smart playlists to list files that have been played or not played. This addition goes part of the way to RMerlin's original suggestion above.

Full release notes are at http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/whatsnew.asp