PDA

View Full Version : Connect to Mezzmo box keeps popping up on TV after 2.3.1 update.

Sammy Sandbag
05-22-2011, 10:41 AM
My Mezzmo was working perfectly fine until the latest update. Now about every two minutes or so, I get a box on my TV screen (Samsung UN55C8000) asking if I would like to connect to Mezzmo. It flashes about three times then goes away.

Is there a way to roll back versions?

Paul
05-23-2011, 09:04 AM
I'd recommend not rolling back versions, but let's try to solve this and if a fix is needed, we'll have one for 2.3.2.

Do you have a single network card or multiple (e.g. Ethernet and wireless)?

In the Media Devices dialog, when you edit your TV, what is the selection for network cards?

Have you added any hardware or network-related software recently?

Sammy Sandbag
05-23-2011, 09:19 AM
I'd recommend not rolling back versions, but let's try to solve this and if a fix is needed, we'll have one for 2.3.2.

Do you have a single network card or multiple (e.g. Ethernet and wireless)?

In the Media Devices dialog, when you edit your TV, what is the selection for network cards?

Have you added any hardware or network-related software recently?

Sorry, I have already uninstalled and reinstalled back to version 2.1.13 (since I can't do an incremental update.) It was getting pretty annoying having that box show up all the time. No issues now.

My motherboard has two ethernet ports, both of which are connected to my router, which is also wireless. The network adapter is currently set to "automatic." No other hardware or network-related software changes, and everything appears to be running fine on 2.1.13.

Paul
05-23-2011, 09:32 AM
I'd suggest that you try and install 2.3.1 back, then go to Media Device dialog and select one of the NICs detected there instead of the "Automatic" setting. That should take care of it, hopefully.