PDA

View Full Version : How do i use Subtitles feature on Samsung C series

Gus
05-28-2011, 03:08 AM
Hi

i saw on ver 2.3 there is a new feature:
---
•New: Support for subtitle options using remote control on Samsung C-series TVs.
---

How do i use this?
Does this mean Mezzmo will read MKV container subs? and so i dont have to extract them.
What button do i use on the remote? i tried a few including SUBS but got an error on all.

cheers

Gus

Paul
05-30-2011, 11:28 AM
It means that Mezzmo works better while streaming subtitles to Samsung C-series TVs. Using the remote control on your Samsung C-series TV, you can turn on/off subtitles that are being streamed by Mezzmo. When your video is playing, on your remote control press the "Tools" button and then navigate to the "Subtitle Setting" menu on your TV. In the "Subtitle Setting" sub-menu you can turn on/off subtitles and change other settings.

Jabber
10-16-2011, 03:19 PM
" Using the remote control on your Samsung C-series TV, you can turn on/off subtitles that are being streamed by Mezzmo. "

This doesn't work on my Samsung 50C7000 HDTV. Has anyone else made this work with a Samsung C series HDTV?

I have been unable to make .srt subtitles work at all so far. (the .srt file is the same name as the .m2ts file and same folder).

Paul
10-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Does the TV support external subtitles (if you try using Samsung's server, for example)? If it does, did you drop the subtitle file after adding the movie file to Mezzmo or was it there when you added the movie? If the former, then you'll need to run maintenance for it to be picked up.

If it all fails, please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then browse to that movie and play it for a few seconds. After that stop the server and send in the logs.

Jabber
10-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Thanks, Dennis.

I got subtitles working on the Samsung BDP-3D and haven't had a chance to try it on the C7000 TV again yet.
But I expect it will work. Will get back on this soon.

Thanks again! :)

Update: Yes the subtitles also work with my 50C7000 DLNA (using the Samsung C7000 Mezzimo device profile) and the TV's remote does indeed have the subtitles menu now.

Thank you again! Mezzimo is awesome! :)