PDA

View Full Version : Next major release date?

cabsandy
05-31-2011, 05:35 AM
Hi guys,
Just reading through some of the threads-saw there is a minor release came out, good news.
When do you think the next major release will come out, with the likes of pre-encoding etc etc?

cheers

cabs

Paul
05-31-2011, 07:32 AM
We have nearly completed development of the new pre-transcoding feature, and are still developing our new subtitle engine. These will be the two main features of the next major version. This new major version will be a free upgrade for all registered users. Sorry, we do not a fixed release date as yet. We will release it as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience.

cabsandy
05-31-2011, 04:46 PM
We have nearly completed development of the new pre-transcoding feature, and are still developing our new subtitle engine. These will be the two main features of the next major version. This new major version will be a free upgrade for all registered users. Sorry, we do not a fixed release date as yet. We will release it as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience.

Paul-thanks for the reply. Will there be any feature along the lines of URL streaming, getting access to the likes of the UK BBCI player etc etc?

cheers

Paul
05-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Sorry, we are not planning to add URL streaming for the next major release. Otherwise it will be delayed even more :o

Slyck
06-02-2011, 06:32 AM
What do consider a major release in terms of version numbers? Would 2.4 be a major release or 3.0?
Cheers,
Slyck

Paul
06-02-2011, 09:05 AM
3.0 is a major release, but there's a possibility of a semi-major release 2.5 happening before that.

jeauxbleaux
06-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi to all,

I have been using v2.3.2 with my Samsung LCD TV with very good results.

I noted with interest the mention of a new "subtitle engine" in the works for the next release. I have a number of .SRT files which work fine EXCEPT that any embedded HTML tags, like <b> or <i> are ignored. It's a minor issue, but will the new "subtitle engine" address this?

All help appreciated. Thanks.

Paul
06-15-2011, 12:54 PM
If the TV supports external subtitles (e.g. .SRT files), then they're delivered without alteration and it's up to the TV to properly decode and render them. The new subtitle engine will have the ability to burn the subtitles onto the video, which will require transcoding, but will allow for such tags to be picked up and used.

jeauxbleaux
06-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Does that mean that these tags work with other clients (including presumably, other TVs) with the current version?

Paul
06-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Possibly yes, but I can't say for sure which device exactly supports them.

Are they parsed out by your TV or shown as-is on screen (e.g. does it show <b> on screen or just ignores it and doesn't show bold text)?

jeauxbleaux
06-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Dear Dennis,

All of the tags are ignored; they do not display. The subtitles are visible, but not formatted.

If other devices display correctly formatted subtitles with the current version of Mezzmo, then the problem is probably the embedded player in my TV. OTOH, if there are no confirmed examples of this, then it could still be the software.

I do not have any other DLNA clients deployed so I cannot test this. However, I can confirm that the subtitles display properly with Windows Media Player, Divx player, etc.

Paul
06-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Personally I'm not aware of any DLNA client player that will display formatted external subtitles, but at least yours is parsing the formatting out, so text is readable. Mezzmo simply delivers the subtitle file as-is. Players on your PC are more powerful than your TV's one, so they may indeed show external subtitles with full formatting.