PDA

View Full Version : at&t UVerse Cisco

gliot1
06-02-2011, 03:44 AM
I have just installed at&t UVerse, which utilizes Cisco packet interface equipment. I allowed Mezzmo to detect said equipment which it did. I went to the On screen at&t display to play music and it sees Mezzmo, and tries to allow me to play music or view photos, but errors off. I assume this is because Mezzmo sees this as a "generic" device. I checked the device list and found not selection for Cisco devices. Are there plans to add Cisco devices used by at&t to the device/driver list? This would be very cool as their system uses these boxes with each and every TV, thus every room could partake in the Mezzmo server and my entire music collection!

Paul
06-02-2011, 09:04 AM
I couldn't find the technical specs to see what it supports - do you have the manual for it and if you do, does it say what audio/video/photo formats it can play?

We can certainly make a device profile for it, provided the device is UPnP or DLNA-compatible. Please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then browse Mezzmo from the device and try to play something. After that stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll start working on a profile.

gliot1
06-07-2011, 12:31 AM
I don't have the technical manual for it. It is supposed to be compatable with MS Media Player 11 and above (which tells me DLNA supported). I would guess that Cisco/at&t could provide the technical manual.

Paul
06-07-2011, 08:47 AM
I'd try the DirecTV HR20-21 device profile then and see if that works - please let me know how that goes.

gliot1
06-08-2011, 11:51 PM
The units are Cisco/Scientific Atlanta IPN330HD and IPN430MC.

I will try your suggestion and view the list to see if SA is on there!

gliot1
06-10-2011, 11:14 AM
That profile exhibited the same issue.........

Paul
06-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Can you please send in the logs for that unit, so that I could check what's going wrong?

gliot1
06-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Will try it shortly. I have tried all of the generics as well, but no success.

gliot1
06-14-2011, 12:36 AM
I just sent the log in. Phots and music play from Public directories in Windows, but Mezzmo errors.