PDA

View Full Version : Transcoding rmvb to Samsung C Series - framerate / lag

thomasnotatwork
06-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Hi, I am using the latest Mezzmo and is having problems with the streaming of rmvb file.

Server: P4-3GHz
RAM: 4GB

Media Device:
Dlink DSM-320
Samsung C450

Problem:
When I trans code rmvb files to the Samsung C450 - it appears to be a slight lag or skipped frames. Where as the same file transcoded to the DSM-320 is perfect.

However, if I use Windows Media Player Networking Service and play the same rmvb file, it works perfectly on the Samsung.

So, I am wondering if there are any custom settings on the in the FFMpeg that I need to set.

Could it be because of the variable bit rate (instead of constant?)

Paul
06-03-2011, 09:51 AM
The difference (most likely) is that we transcode it to MKV (h264) as compared to MPEG2 that WMP does. If you're comfortable editing the device profiles manually, you could set the "preferredtranscoded" to be 1 for MPEG2 and 0 for MKV in the SamsungLA.prf device profile (if you're using the "Samsung C" device profile). If you are not sure how to do that, let me know and I'll post it here.

thomasnotatwork
06-03-2011, 07:41 PM
The difference (most likely) is that we transcode it to MKV (h264) as compared to MPEG2 that WMP does. If you're comfortable editing the device profiles manually, you could set the "preferredtranscoded" to be 1 for MPEG2 and 0 for MKV in the SamsungLA.prf device profile (if you're using the "Samsung C" device profile). If you are not sure how to do that, let me know and I'll post it here.

Thanks Dennis; I have changed the profile and it now reads File Format not supported. I have also changed it back to auto and it's working again but with the lag. I have also tried fixing the framerate in the mkv container for h264 to 12 (as the source file is 12.6667 fps according to ffMpeg).

Any other ideas?

Paul
06-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Can you please post the changed profile (or e-mail it to support) and I'll check it out? It should've let your transcode to MPEG2.

Would it be possible for you to send your file through to us (via www.megaupload.com or a similar site)?