PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo & Windows Home Server 2011 (codename VAIL)

Dmnted
06-03-2011, 08:46 AM
I have just finished building a home server and installed the OEM version of Windows Home Server 2011 (Vail).

WHS11 is certified as DLNA compliant however, it is a poor DLNA server.
The only options for media sharing are "On / Off"

When attempting to play .avi files on my Samsung 58 inch plasma using WHS11 I get a small 17 inch box in the centre of the screen.
I have tried adjusting every setting I can find relating to aspect ration on the plasma.

Whilst I could try to troubleshoot the problem I decided to turn of WHS media sharing and install Mezzmo version 2.3.2.0

WHS11 is based on Server 2008 R2 core and Mezzmo installation was flawless.

I have tested folder monitoring on the network drives and playback of .avi and .mkv with no problems at all.

Behaviour is identical to the install I have had previously been using on Windows 7 64bit.
(fast forward and rewind does not work with all .avi files)

Happy to provide logs on specific testing to conceiva staff should they be looking to officially list WHS 2011 as supported. :cool:

Paul
06-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Thank you - your feedback is greatly appreciated and I'm glad that Mezzmo works well on the WHS 2011!

Yes, it'd be interesting to see logs, so please do send them in (just playing one file for a few seconds) - we'll see how things work internally and if there's anything we should take care of.

Dmnted
06-03-2011, 09:27 AM
I'll send through logs shortly Dennis